Farrelly Brothers

Started by Spike, September 22, 2003, 08:08:38 AM

Spike

What do you think?
Their comedys always crack me up. They're the ZAZ-team of our times.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

ElPandaRoyal

Agree completely. I didn't really care about "Me, Myself & Irene" as much as the rest, but damn... D&Dumber, Kingpin, There's Something About Mary..... yeeeeeeeahhhhh. Shallow Hall had its moments as well
Si

MacGuffin

Farrelly Bros. Three Stooges Feature Film Greenlit
Source: Variety

Peter and Bobby Farrelly's revisiting of the Three Stooges films has been officially greenlit at Warner Bros. The Three Stooges is expected to start shooting early next year for a summer 2005 release.

The new movie will be an adventure that revolves around the Stooges characters originated by Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Jerome "Curly" Howard in the classic Columbia Picture films.

Sony originally had the feature rights to the project but let them exmpire, allowing Warner Bros. to step in. The Farrellys spent last winter and spring writing with Mike Cerrone a contemporized script featuring the Moe, Larry and Curly characters.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

meatwad

this looks like shit, and i'm sure tons of people will go see it

MacGuffin

Farrelly Bros. Eyeing Del Toro for Three Stooges?
Source: The Boston Herald, IGN Filmforce

Last week it was announced that Peter and Bobby Farrelly's revisiting of the Three Stooges films had been officially greenlit at Warner Bros. The Three Stooges is expected to start shooting early next year for a summer 2005 release. The new movie will be an adventure that revolves around the Stooges characters originated by Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Jerome "Curly" Howard in the classic Columbia Picture films.

Now, The Boston Herald has potential casting news for the film.

And speaking of the Farrellys, we told you months ago that Peter and Bobby are working on a big screen homage to the "Three Stooges." But did you know the silly sibs pine for Oscar-winner Benicio Del Toro to play either Moe, Larry or Curly in the flick they're writing for Warner Bros.? Who knew Benicio was a regular laugh riot? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

I think those guys hit the wall after 'Mary.'  Their first 3 films got progressively better, but goddamn, the last 2 were so bad I doubt I'll ever see anything by them anytime soon-- and that piece of shit 'Outside Providence' they wrote/produced.  Holy God.  They need to be stopped.

cine

If we're getting DEL TORO of all people, then we better get Joe Pesci as well.

kotte

Aren't they getting Al Pacino for something? I swear I read that somewhere. In Empire maybe.

If true...sad sad sad.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Weak2ndActI think those guys hit the wall after 'Mary.'  Their first 3 films got progressively better, but goddamn, the last 2 were so bad I doubt I'll ever see anything by them anytime soon-- and that piece of shit 'Outside Providence' they wrote/produced.  Holy God.  They need to be stopped.

Uh, what didn't you like about Outside Providence?  You didn't laugh your ass off at some parts?  Granted, the romantic thread was kinda weak (why would a knockout like that go for "Dildo") but overall I thought it was an uplifting coming-of-age story with many comic moments.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Weak2ndAct

No, I didn't laugh at any of it.  George Wendt being gay?  Ugh.  Thought it was horribly directed (Michael Corrente, hack-job extraordinairre-- he made American Buffalo crap for God's sake) and that douche who's the lead is just awful.  Glad to see he's not working anymore.

MacGuffin

Farrelly Bros. Want Crowe for The Three Stooges
Source: The Herald Sun

Russell Crowe could play Moe Howard in his next movie, The Three Stooges.

Hollywood directors Peter and Bobby Farrelly are in the planning stage of production.

"We would like to get Russell Crowe for Moe," said Peter Farrelly. "He is the perfect Moe. He hasn't done a big comedy and the movie is basically The Stooges are back in the present day, there is no time machine taking you back."

"We are big fans . . . so we think it would be fun to work with him."

They have yet to approach Crowe.

"We just go through a process of throwing around a bunch of ideas and he has been somebody that we have been wanting to work with for a long time."

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Kingpin is their masterpiece, Mary wasn't as funny as everyone made it out to be, and Irene was much funnier than everyone though it was.

But how can the same guys who made those gems make a movie in which Jack Black is not funny at all?

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinFarrelly Bros. Want Crowe for The Three Stooges
ugh.  c'mon the three stooges were like 'guys'.  they werent a brandname.  they were the three stooges cause they WERE the three stooges.  this is a bad idea.  why not just be influenced by their comedy and use it in an original idea?  why is everyone so focused on remakes and brandnames and sequels and adaptations?!?!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Quote from: themodernage02why is everyone so focused on remakes and brandnames and sequels and adaptations?!?!

Everything has been said before
Nothing left to say anymore
When it's all the same
You can ask for it by name

Babble, Babble, Bitch, Bitch
Rebel, Rebel, Party, Party
Sex, sex, sex, and don't forget the violence
Blah, blah, blah
Got your lovey-dovey sad and lonely
Stick your stupid slogan in
Everybody sing along
Babble, Babble, Bitch, Bitch
Rebel, Rebel, Party, Party
Sex, sex, sex, and don't forget the violence
Blah, blah, blah
Got your lovey-dovey sad and lonely
Stick your stupid slogan in
Everybody sing

Are you motherfuckers ready for the new shit?
Stand up and admit, tomorrow's never coming
This is the new shit
Stand up and admit
Do we get it? NO!
Do we want it? YEAH!
This is the new shit
Stand up and admit
context, context, context.