Mean Girls

Started by ono, April 03, 2004, 11:10:04 PM

Stefen

Quote from: Pubrickwelcome to 7 months ago, stay a while..

Can I sleep on your couch? Or is your girlfriend sleeping on it?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

we can allll sleep on it, it folds out..

shotgun the middle.
under the paving stones.

cine

shotgun next to pubrick... hopefully his girlfriend gets the floor because blow-up things don't count as human things.  :shock:

Stefen

Shotgun? This agressiveness needs to STOP!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pedro

i just wanna cuddle

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pedro the Alpacai just wanna cuddle
Ok, good, so I'm not alone.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Stefenhttp://www.gallery.lohanonline.com/magazines/vanityfair/2004_june_3.jpg

BREAKER BREAKER!! Someone find me a working picture of the one above posted by Banky earlier. I really....need it. OVER.

Who's your daddy, Stefen?

http://www.jonmega.com/gallery/Lindsay-Lohan

Lindsay is a fox.            8)

yeow
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Everyone has a chance now:

Lindsay Lohan, Wilmer Valderrama Break Up

"Mean Girls" star Lindsay Lohan and her boyfriend, Wilmer Valderrama, have ended their relationship.

"They have broken up, but are still friends," Valderrama's publicist, Heidi Slan, told The Associated Press Friday. She declined to provide details.

Lohan and Valderrama acknowledged being a couple in July, after Lohan turned 18.

The couple's breakup was reported Friday by People and Us Weekly magazines.

Lohan's publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, didn't immediately return a call seeking a comment from the AP. Us Weekly quoted Zelnik as saying, "I can confirm that they have amicably split, but the two remain close friends and supportive of each other's busy careers."

Valderrama stars on the Fox sitcom "That '70s Show."

Lohan, who also starred in "Freaky Friday," was hospitalized in Los Angeles in late October for a high fever and headaches. She became ill while filming the movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

And I was so sure they were going to spend the rest of their lives together.

Jeremy Blackman

I think this is the greatest thing I've read today...
Quote from: MacGuffinShe became ill while filming the movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded."

Stefen

haha i just noticed Lohan is trying to be a singer now. That is stupid.

modage

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: themodernage02so is this a Teen Movie disguised as a Smart Satire?  or a Smart Satire disguised as a Teen Movie?
Don't worry about what you think it could be "disguised" as. I saw it last night and its a very good movie. Everything Ghostboy said is true. So let's say it's a smart, satirical teen movie that's entertaining for everybody.
hey, it was!  honestely, i never would've watched this movie had it not been for the positive buzz around here as i'm a few years out of the high school thing and the genre isnt one that does much for me anymore.  HOWEVER i agree this is probably the best movie of its kind since possibly clueless.  (which i re-watched the other night as well for comparison, and was intersting to see a movie basically from the plastics pov).  it was actually the first thing i've ever seen lindsay lohan in, after a year of her appearing in every magazine it was nice to finally see her act.  i agree with fey and waters in the commentary when they say that she is most pretty during the beginning before she becomes a bitch.  so, it was a good time.  all the snl people were great especially tim meadows interuppting the speech.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

I finally got around to seeing this.  I was really excited after the first 15-25 minutes, i thought I might have another Election on my hands.  It's unfortunate that the film kind of spun off and landed in familiar territory.  i wouldn't have a problem with this except this change didn't feel right and the film wasn't nearly as funny as it had begun.  Overall, I enjoyed it but it fizzled out for me towards the end pretty rapidly.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

peaceisourprofession

k-l-a
sadly, I was the only person laughing at this. maybe because I am pretenious and I think someone misspelling something is hilarious and because just about all my gym teachers I've ever had couldn't spell, or everyone in the theatre just didn't get it. I am hoping it was because it just wasn't funny and i am a bitch. amen.
"I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone." - Mother Theresa
excerpt from her nobel prize acceptance speech

life_boy

I really had no interest in seeing this, but since my wife wanted to see it and I knew Tina Fey was involved and we had a free Blockbuster rental, I thought we would give it a shot.  

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this film.  It was funny.  I wasn't expecting for it to be as funny as it was, but it did keep me laughing through most of the movie.  I could find things to complain about, but overall this was an enjoyable and clever little film.  And, although the ending could be said to be a little conventional, I felt it worked for this film.  I really didn't need for this movie to end up in Election territory.  It worked great for Payne's film but would've felt really out of place in this one, I think.