Apple is the best thing ever

Started by Kal, October 12, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I saw that yesterday. I about died laughing. Feels like a work though. Like it's all staged.

Malcolm In The Middle who was in the front seems to be acting.

I wish they would have showed miss piggy's (haha) reaction after finding out she could only have one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Let the games begin...

iphoneunlocking.com/

Apparently they are FOR REAL and successful. Somebody told me it worked for him.

If that is a fact, then I'm buying my iPhone tomorrow.

I love the Internet and hackers.

Stefen

Isn't that illegal? I assume it would void your warranty.

And what the fuck happens when you bring an iPhone into alltel when it breaks. I bet they call the cops on you. Haul you away in a cyber paddy wagon.

Apple needs to dump AT&T and just go solo. Mike Jackson did it, and where the fuck are the other Jackson brothers these days?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

More than waiting on new models and price cuts, I think it will be a long time for Apple to go solo. I think AT&T paid big money for this and its part of their relaunch. Its their battle ship and they will not let others have it.

I dont know what will happen with the warranty... but its the only way I could have an iPhone... I prefer to risk the warranty than to subscribe to the shitty AT&T service.

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefen on July 03, 2007, 12:43:07 AM
and where the fuck are the other Jackson brothers these days?

you know at the end of barry lyndon when he's banished to ireland because he's lost everyone's respect and lady lyndon is in a huge room with bullingdon and a never-ending series of debts? that's where they are, in that room.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I really do want an iPhone. I just can't justify buying one right now. it's alot of money, of which I don't have alot of. And I don't know what bugs it has.

Maybe in a couple years I'll get a 3rd or 4th gen iPhone, but until then, it's just not a wise investment. I got an iPod and a Kyocera Strobe, and a laptop, and super glue.

Kal and CBrad are in the unique position that they don't really need to worry about bugs, cause they can buy a new one when the next gen comes out cause they are either self made billionaires or their parents are.

Kal

I'm not a billionarie, and my parents arent either (besides I havent asked my parents for money since I turned 17).

However, I can afford an iPhone... and I will do it as soon as its confirmed that I can use it with my T-Mobile account :)

Stefen

If you buy me an iPhone, I will wear a DWade avatar for a whole year.

I bet you're not even a real Heat fan. Prove you are.

Kal

I guess I'm not, or I'd be getting the lame D-WADE SIDEKICK from T-Mobile... instead I got my iPhone today :)

I couldnt fucking resist. I mean, I was going to wait. But there I was walking around and decided to go into that fucking store... I asked a guy about it and he tells me "8gb? I think there is only one left!"... and before I knew it I was signing the fucking credit card on that little terminal... this was two meters inside the store, I didnt even have to walk to the register in the back.

So here I am... trying to figure out if this shit will be unlocked or not before I sign up with AT&SHIT. Worst case scenario I will have to, because this phone is awesome.

The good news is that one of my guys in the office is buying my Blackberry Pearl for $300. So I'm half way covered :)

Stefen

I'll get one when they make a 100gb version. Why do they only have 8gb?

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on July 05, 2007, 10:45:29 PM
I'll get one when they make a 100gb version. Why do they only have 8gb?

Because there's no room for a hard drive like in the bigger ipods, so they have to do what they can with flash memory.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

context, context, context.

Ravi

Is there a way to go region-free on the Mac Pro?  Being able to play DVDs from any region is the one thing I miss about my PC.  I have the PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-111D drive.  Apparently using VLC doesn't work on the Intel-based Macs.