The Grammys Can Suck It

Started by Film Student, December 07, 2004, 07:15:35 PM

SiliasRuby

Hilarious.....but stefen is probably right on the money here. And thats why I don't watch the Grammy's. At least the oscars have ocassional funny moments with comedians hosting. (Unfortunately not this year. Hugh jackman should do less comic book and romantic comedy bullshit. Along with kate hudson. Kate, do something more constructive with your career, you haven't done anything of note since Almost Famous. Your talented, stop slumming with Matthew McCaunahey and Dane Cook.)

If I want to watch rappers thanking God and their Mom for where they are today, I'll listen to some 2 pac knock off rapper from the mid-ninties. Yeah, I know I'm harsh.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Radiohead expected to perform at Grammy Awards

Expect Radiohead to be announced Monday morning as one of the performing acts on the Feb. 8 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, joining the likes of Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Carrie Underwood and fellow Brits Coldplay. Radiohead, who are nominated for album of the year for "In Rainbows," have been quite the Grammy boosters in 2009, with singer Thom Yorke appearing in a television and print ad campaign to hype the Recording Academy-hosted gala.

Indie-focused website Pitchfork reported the news Sunday evening, and the Recording Academy is expected to announce more performing artists early Monday morning. A Grammy spokeswoman did not comment on the Pitchfork report. With Radiohead in, all but two of the album of the year candidates will be on board for the telecast.

It's rare that an artist up for the top prize would not make some sort of live music appearance on the Grammy telecast. However, that's precisely what's happened with Radiohead in the past. The act has been nominated for album of the year twice -- for "OK Computer" and "Kid A" -- but did not perform in either year.

"In Rainbows" will compete for album of the year with Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III," Coldplay's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends," Ne-Yo's "Year of the Gentleman" and "Raising Sand" from Robert Plant & Alison Krauss.

The face of Radiohead frontman Yorke can be seen in a Grammy television ad, in which the singer discusses some of his favorite songs -- many of them never nominated for a Grammy. Yorke's ad highlights such adventurous artists as Scott Walker, Bjork and Modeselektor, among others.

The print ad was earlier posted on this blog, although Idolator noted that some changes have been made to the ad since it was first revealed on Pop & Hiss. For instance, references to Walker and Autechre have been shrunk to make way for the Rolling Stones and David Bowie. A Grammy spokeswoman says the changes were made to reflect the artists Yorke discusses in the television spot, and no acts were removed from the original advertisement -- only made smaller.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

The Day The Music Died - February 3, 1959 when Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper perished in a plane crash? No, it was today when some asshole decided Jonas Brothers and Stevie Wonder would make for a great performance.

Radiohead, playing 15 Step with the USC marching band, was the only highlight:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I thought it was a great show. They really changed their style and made it more modern. I enjoyed it a lot. That performance of Swagger Like Us with M.I.A., T.I, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Lil Wayne was awesome.

I'm glad I watched. I'll probably watch next year, too, if they keep this same format.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on February 09, 2009, 07:50:51 AM
That performance of Swagger Like Us with M.I.A., T.I, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Lil Wayne was awesome.

ol' Dino must've been rolling over in his grave for being linked to this.

during Radiohead, how many ppl you think were saying 'wow, that gay kid from American Idol got strange?'

Stefen

Was that even Radiohead? It was just Thom and Jonny. I was disappointed in their performance. It was very boring by their standards. It was the whole reason I watched. At least they didn't play House of Cards. My dream would have been National Anthem. Grammys ain't ready for something like that.