Carboy: The Five-Seater with a Heart of Gold

Started by Gamblour., February 05, 2006, 11:19:45 PM

Gamblour.

My friends and I made this for the Campus Moviefest. If you don't know what that is, it's a competition sponsored by Delta that lets college kids get a Apple laptop and shitty digital camera and take one week to shoot a movie. The rules allow you to use a different camera, but you must edit with iMovie regardless.

That said, we shot this with a Sony PD 170.

Right Click, Save Target As...
WWPTAD?

matt35mm

Redlum

Hey, good job. Very early 'Woody Allen'. The slapstick gag with the game of tag honestly had me belly laughing!

Good luck with competition, should be a crowd pleaser.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

that was a well paced 5 mins, credits included.

the only shot i didn't like was the close up of the mother where was way on the right of the screen. that looked awkward. otherwise, memorable ironic lines like "honkey" and "toot my own horn" were the highlights. and with three directors, it's gotta be good!
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Thanks guys. That shot of the mother on the right was not my choice. It was the only shot I didn't want. Heres's how it went down: Julian and Amber wrote it, and while we shot it, I was supposed to be the director, but since I had only read the script once or twice, I really needed their opinions on what they were trying to do, even though they wanted to just credit me with directing. I didn't want to say that I did all myself, because I didn't. Same with the editing. I did all the actual editing and length decisions, but Amber was there helping out, and I kept double checking things like comedic timing and such. Just wanted to be fair.

So that shot of the mother is like that because someone else said it should be. oh well.
WWPTAD?

Pozer

Just viewed it with my little neice and nephew.  They loved it... which means I love it.  Well I did until I had to replay it for them five times.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Pozer

5 & 3.  Had to keep their eyes hidden during the sex scene.

Gamblour.

Carboy won Best Comedy at the overall Atlanta competition!! Whoooooo I'll update with details later.
WWPTAD?

matt35mm

Gamblour.

Thanks man. Carboy will get shown at the Atlanta Film Festival this summer!! Fuck yes, that's awesome. Also, all of our team members get video iPods, haha I'd avoided converting from cds to that for so long, I guess I have to now.
WWPTAD?

Reinhold

congrats!!

i agree with you with the placement of that mom shot, but obviously you've got a great piece overall.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.