Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I am genuinely not sure what to make of this inexplicable song.

Except that Avril (or neo-Avril) is clearly not fully committed to this music video.

Robyn

Wow, I love that Lavigne song.

Also, on Demember 6th the song of the fucking year was released. After It's Okay to Cry I didn't expect something this good. It might be my second favorite by her (because Just like we never said goodbye is one of my favorite songs of all time)

https://dbr.ee/6irF

Robyn

the video is out and it's great.

and if you missed her last song. the song is so-so, but the video is amazing. especially the end.

Robyn

jun togawa make the sweetest songs sometimes.

QuoteIn Japanese, "suki" can mean several things, but it is most commonly used as the word "like."
Sometimes it can be used as slang for the word "love" as well, since in Japanese, "daisuki" means "to like a lot."
So, If you "daisuki" something that means you like it a lot.

WorldForgot

Somewhere in the Z-6 Sector, that would be Romulan:

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: KJ on December 07, 2017, 09:16:01 AM
the video is out and it's great.

I actually kind of love that.

Robyn

PC Music has released a lot of good stuff lately.

Jeremy Blackman

Listen, I'm not the biggest fan of the rap music, but this is utterly amazing:

N

s/o to PC music yeah <3 been absolutely obsessed with them lately
Did you check out the new Charli XCX mixtape KJ? Track 10 absolutely killed it, friccin can't believe she got Lil Data and Life Sim on there too <3

Unrelated but this is probably my fav single of the year

Also here's my top 10 albums of the year

Robyn

i have only listened to the carly song and track 10 yet, but I liked them a lot. everything A.G has touched this year has turned to gold.

this song will be unrelated too, but this is now playing because it was pitchforks song of the year. I don't know how I missed it because it seems super popular... well, I guess I like it, but it's kind of boring too? it doesn't sound THAT GOOD at first listen.

N

Yeah AG has been my obsession recently, he actually does a lot of production work under the name DJ Warlord too (which is like crazy footwork and bassy stuff).

I think Bodak Yellow is just part of the current trap craze atm, it's such a dull/overused concept I have trouble understanding why it blew up so big (other than conforming to the current trends).
The only thing that makes it stand out for me is the middle east setting, but I'd rather just watch a M.I.A. video or something.

I kinda don't trust any top of the year lists except Bleep now. They seem to curated based on the music itself, not it's popularity.

WorldForgot

Tracks in rotation lately have been a combo of anything I missed in 2017 and whatever summons spring 2018 faster, mood-wise.

Robyn

happy 20th to this album! it's my musical equivalent to PTA, and I still love you. <3

Drenk

The best kind of album. I deeply disliked it the first time I heard it, thought it was not for me, then it randomly clicked at some point in my life.

The first time I listened to Kind of Blue it was as if I couldn't hear the music. But it's because it was the first jazz album I listened to. It seems insane, though, now that I know almost by heart every second of that fabulous album, that it used to sound like background noise.
Ascension.

Robyn

it clicked instantly for me. I still remember that day very well. a internet friend recommended it over MSN, and I was lying on the floor listening to it on repeat because my headphones didn't reach up to the seat where I was sitting... I didn't know about the hype either, which helped I think. it was just mine album for a couple of weeks, and that was amazing.

it's easy to take the lyrics for granted, so let's just take a moment and enjoy them again on this day. I could easily quote the whole album, but anyway:

QuoteIn my dreams you're alive and you're crying
As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet
Rings of flowers around your eyes and I'll love you
For the rest of your life

QuoteNow she's a little boy in Spain
Playing pianos filled with flames

QuoteWhat a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all 'round the sun
And when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud
I'll be laughing with everyone I see