hip hop noir kungfu movie

Started by pete, June 17, 2011, 06:52:37 AM

pete

so I have written a 25-page script that's part noir part hip hop musical with some fighting in there. it's like Treme meets SinCity meets 8 Mile??
All the music will be "motivated" and will be performed live.
And the tracks, performed by Zion I and guests, will be on sale via itunes.
That's the hope anyways.
Anyone wanna take a read?
I've consulted peeps and I'm trying to make this as plausible as possible, given the premise and all.

My logline is something like-
Emcee Kenji is an old, damaged, has-been rapper who gets invited in the club owned by his sadistic arch nemesis and one-time sidekick Apple Jones. Revenge shall be swift, as long as he can keep armed guards, nostalgic fans, and his own neurosis and haunted past- at bay.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

Definitely. Can't promise I'll get around to reading it real soon though as I'm buried in script for AFF right now. Will have a clear desk within 2 months though.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," BolaƱo says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

JG

I think I might like to read this if you're still looking for people cos i LIKE you pete

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.