The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

SHAFTR

Honestly, I was disappointed to see it was down.  xixax is one of the bright centers of the internet (for me), when it was down that cut my surfing time significantly.  Being a poor college student, I don't know how much I can do.  I do love this board and I think I could find room to donate some money.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Vile5

i like new colors very much, great job, and THANKS A LOT!  to keep this cool site alive...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

freakerdude

I like the new look and change is good in most cases. Bandwidth problems could be addressed by sending out a PM to let everyone know not to duplicate pix in replies, etc. and give some other examples as well. But I am sure the admins will help to reduce the b/w in the forums.

I'm willing to shell out 25 even though I've been laid off for over a year now. But I'd rather not sign up for PayPal and use them as a transaction. How about possibly accepting checks or money orders?

FD
MC Pee Pants

slice

there is no connection between the number of different banners and bandwidth

you could have had several thousand different banners and it would have taken up the same amount of bandwidth, just more space.

Jeremy Blackman

Just like... 10 people downloading 1 file is the same as 1 person downloading 10 files.

freakerdude

Bandwidth is a widely used term in the industry. I doubt that this site has b/w connectivity problems and thought that Mr. XIXAX was talking about bandwidth for available space. Hell, what do I know? I've been in the electronics industry for 17 years now.
MC Pee Pants

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: freakerdudeBut I'd rather not sign up for PayPal and use them as a transaction. How about possibly accepting checks or money orders?
If the MDM account is verified, I think you can use major credit cards. We should look into that.

freakerdude

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIf the MDM account is verified, I think you can use major credit cards. We should look into that.
OK then, I will be the first to step up and commit $25 if you can get the cc charge set up or will take a check/money order. Just let me know.

Now, who's in with me? Maybe a $5, $10, or whatever to help cover a year or more.
MC Pee Pants

Pubrick

Quote from: freakerdudeHell, what do I know? I've been in the electronics industry for 17 years now.
don't take it personal, guy. it's only bandwidth.
under the paving stones.

Redlum

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: freakerdudeBut I'd rather not sign up for PayPal and use them as a transaction. How about possibly accepting checks or money orders?
If the MDM account is verified, I think you can use major credit cards. We should look into that.

Sounds good.

I must admit that I got the fear when I saw the temp page, at first. I had flashbacks to cigarettes and coffee. But all is well, and the new design looks really good.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

penfold0101

Love the new design, i find it very calming and most tranquil!
keep up the good work!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Link

I dig the new look.  It's nice and clean and organized.  If the logo was more plain, it'd be like a Kubrick movie?  Right?  No?  Ha!  Right?

Xixax

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone! It's kinda cool to see that the admins are going to take Xixax to a fresh level in '04.

We will be validating the MDM account soon with Paypal, it just takes a week or two. So that's coming down the line.

In other news, the site design is NOT finished yet. This is just the "shell". I still have a lot of work to do, and it'll look great when I step aside and pass the torch to JB and the gang.

I couldn't leave Xixax without caps, now, could I?  :wink:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

i am very happy that the new look is so well-received. it is a lot cooler, isn't it?

and this is just the beginning.  :-D

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: ©bradi am very happy that the new look is so well-received. it is a lot cooler, isn't it?

and this is just the beginning.  :-D

The look is ice cold.... but seriously guys, awesome job.