Mazzy Star

Started by Finn, June 29, 2004, 10:46:57 PM

Finn

This is one of my favorite musical artists right now. I think she's really terrific. I love her albums So Tonight That I Might See and Among My Swan. Her music is great to listen to late at night. It's really haunting and poetic.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

You do know that Mazzy Star is the band, right? "She" is Hope Sandoval.

And I agree, "So Tonight" is a great mood setting album that, when listened to, must be listened to all the way through.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

hope is sooo beautiful...

Sleuth

Mazzy Star is okay but what I really love is when people call a bandmember/movie character the band name/movie title.  It makes my day
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

Remember when Mazzy Star was playing in the background of the cafeteria fight scene in Starship Troopers? That was funny. Anyway, I haven't listened to them in ages, but I used to like them, and a friend of mine played me an album a year or two ago that Hope sang on that was also quite good, but I forget who or what it was.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyI haven't listened to them in ages, but I used to like them, and a friend of mine played me an album a year or two ago that Hope sang on that was also quite good, but I forget who or what it was.

On a somewhat related note, I always liked her collaboration with Jesus & Mary Chain on the song "Sometimes Always."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

What I really love is when someone describes Mazzy Star/Sandoval solo "haunting and poetic" cause that's how everyone describes it.  It makes my day.

Sleuth

You just ruined my ID4 :evil:
I like to hug dogs

london

Their first album "She Hangs Brightly" is still my favorite.   This was before Dave Roback's extended guitar solos though.  Although "Into Dust" always pulls me in.
I didnt know she sang with Air on Cherry Blossom Girl.  That must be hot.
Ten should be enough.  You think 10 should be enough?  You think we need one more?  You think we need one more.  Alright,  we'll get one more.

tpfkabi

how many found out about the band from Angus?

that's a pretty awesome song (Fade Into You), but that's all i've heard.....except i think they're on the Batman Forever soundtrack (maybe?)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Finn

Yeah, they did Tell Me Now for the soundtrack
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."