Outkast Double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Started by Banky, September 11, 2003, 10:30:04 PM

Banky

Outkast Album Preview: From The Whole World To The Entire Universe

By now everyone should know that Outkast's double LP, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, could have easily been released as two separate albums, as the two members seemingly have two separate musical agendas on the project — separate from each other, and separate from the rest of the music industry.

Andre 3000, who wants to blow up in Hollywood, pulls from his jazz, funk and, most prominently, R&B influences to tell a bevy of love stories, while Big Boi sticks to the Kast's brand of eclectic hip-hop space tripping. The almost-ten-year vets continue to throw rap's rule book to the wayside and experiment with the abnormal.
courtesey of mtv news

I just wanted to say that im a huge fan of Outkast and i think they are really the best music period.  They appeal as a "RAP" duo, but there music has always been so much more creative and unique than main stream rap.  If you havent checked them out because you dont like rap than your making a big mistake.  Any album from thier catalolouqe is fucking superb.  This new CD is a double CD but each CD is an individual CD for each member.  Its really cool of them to combine thier solo efforts into one package because it will save the public a lot of money.  I just downloaded Andre 3000's first single called Hey Ya and it is unbeleivable.  It is not even remotley in the realm as what passes for hip hop today.  I really made this thread to try and let people know about the upcoming album.  I would suggest downloading Hey Ya to get a feel for the new sound and support good music by buying the CD.

aclockworkjj

Banky

Pubrick

blast off.

but for effing real, outkast are unstoppable. they are the quality machine that devours everything that can be thrown at them. will they ever disappoint? very unlikely. effing geniuses.

hey ya is on a level far beyond Stankonia. almost on sum doo wop shit. can't wait to get this.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Banky

Quote from: Pblast off.

but for effing real, outkast are unstoppable. they are the quality machine that devours everything that can be thrown at them. will they ever disappoint? very unlikely. effing geniuses.

hey ya is on a level far beyond Stankonia. almost on sum doo wop shit. can't wait to get this.

you heard hey ya?  Thats some crazy funky shit isnt it?  i cant stop listening to it.

Pubrick

Quote from: Bankyyou heard hey ya?  Thats some crazy funky shit isnt it?  i cant stop listening to it.
wordski. that's where my sig was from, "shake it like a polaroid picture". it's madness when he gets stuck on a word and then the random yell gets him out of it:
"...nothing is forever,
then what makes, then what makes, then what makes, ( X more)
WHAT MAKES
love the exception."

great first single. especially now, in these horny times.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: P
Quote from: Bankyyou heard hey ya?  Thats some crazy funky shit isnt it?  i cant stop listening to it.
wordski. that's where my sig was from, "shake it like a polaroid picture". it's madness when he gets stuck on a word and then the random yell gets him out of it:
"...nothing is forever,
then what makes, then what makes, then what makes, ( X more)
WHAT MAKES
love the exception."

great first single. especially now, in these horny times.

isnt it great to hear hip hop music where the lyrics mean something

Sleuth

Oh shit, I just heard Hey Ya

that was fucking sweeeet
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

sorry, first listen and I think it's annoying (Hey Ya)...I have to give it another try though.

Ghostboy

I've been listening to Hey Ya nonstop for the past week. It is unbelievably cool. You could kinda get a sense of where Andre was going in The Whole World,  and here's the culimination of that...so far. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I'll be buying it at midnight the night before it comes out.

Big Boi's single is also available for (legal) download at Arista's site, and it is great too. But Andre is taking things to the next level.

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyI've been listening to Hey Ya nonstop for the past week. It is unbelievably cool. You could kinda get a sense of where Andre was going in The Whole World,  and here's the culimination of that...so far. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I'll be buying it at midnight the night before it comes out.

Big Boi's single is also available for (legal) download at Arista's site, and it is great too. But Andre is taking things to the next level.

can somone create link to Big Bois new song?

Pubrick

Quote from: Bankycan somone create link to Big Bois new song?
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Sloth, the CD doesn't come out until the 23rd

Oh thanks man
I like to hug dogs

Banky

Quote from: P
Quote from: Bankycan somone create link to Big Bois new song?

gracias mi amigo