Started by polkablues, August 18, 2012, 01:41:45 AM

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

The Autercast featuring our very own modage!!! :bravo:

modage

Quote from: Reelist on September 30, 2012, 04:30:20 AM
The Autercast featuring our very own modage!!! :bravo:

90 minutes and it still only scratches the surface. I probably could've talked for another 90 minutes about the film getting into some of the specifics of scenes and things but oh well. Thanks to Rudie_O for having me on!

Please excuse the trailing off, "ummmm"-s, "you know"-s, and describing everything as great. I missed my podcast training class.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cloudy

That was a great conversation to listen to Modage. It's pretty difficult and rare to have a quality conversation about this film with "normal people" like you said, so this was very refreshing. Your work is very appreciated!

On another note, isn't it getting sort of late for PTA's Charlie Rose appearance?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modage on September 30, 2012, 08:09:41 AMPlease excuse the trailing off, "ummmm"-s, "you know"-s, and describing everything as great. I missed my podcast training class.

Don't be ridiculous, that was fantastic. You could have your own podcast. (Though hopefully it would be shorter than one hour and 40 minutes.)

Reel

Quote from: modage on September 30, 2012, 08:09:41 AMPlease excuse the trailing off, "ummmm"-s

Trust me, If I can forgive Rudie of the same thing ( he says "uhhh" A LOT ) you are certainly in the clear!!

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 01, 2012, 02:35:56 AM
Don't be ridiculous, that was fantastic. You could have your own podcast.

Yeah, it really was a great listen. I would be sad that the PTA series is over but there's still one more to come, talking about his body of work.

Looking forward to part 2 mod!  :yabbse-grin:  Was this your first go at it? Ever think of giving a cigs and redvines podcast a shot? No pressure.

modage

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kindness. Yeah, it was my first ever go at it so I didn't know how it would come out until I started hearing it back. But it was fun and I would definitely do it again if the opportunity presented itself.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kellen

Quote from: Cloudy on September 30, 2012, 11:49:11 PM
On another note, isn't it getting sort of late for PTA's Charlie Rose appearance?

also good job on the podcast modage!

md

PTA must really be sheltering himself if C and R have to hit up CR.  The likelihood of an interview seems slim to none.  CTRL ALT DEL our lives.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

theyarelegion

sure, let me get the camcorder set up....WAT? i'll just download buy it. prediction: there will be few submissions.

New Feeling

Gotta say that I was underwhelmed by the Master, even more than I was by There Will Be Blood.  I really, really, miss the old life-affirming PTA.  Used to consider myself fan #1 but two bleak and pretentious movies over ten years has got me pretty down on the guy. 

Cloudy

Can any of you guys rank 'The Master' in PTA's filmography? I've been having a tough time with it whenever it comes up in conversation. It might just not be wise to rank it until time does its thing I guess.

Before The Master I was: 1. TWBB 2. PDL & Mag(tied) 3. Boogie 4.Sydney

socketlevel

Quote from: Cloudy on October 02, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
Can any of you guys rank 'The Master' in PTA's filmography? I've been having a tough time with it whenever it comes up in conversation. It might just not be wise to rank it until time does its thing I guess.

Before The Master I was: 1. TWBB 2. PDL & Mag(tied) 3. Boogie 4.Sydney

Too soon.
the one last hit that spent you...

Jeremy Blackman

I'm comfortable saying Magnolia, TWBB, and PDL are better, but beyond that it's way too soon.

Reel

I don't think it's fair to rank a movie before you bring it into your home on DVD to spend some real quality time with it.

The Master is my favorite movie right now, but I'm nowhere near putting it on any sort of list yet, need to get more familiar.

I thought 'The Departed' was the greatest movie of all time when I first saw it in theaters, and it loses that glow for me every time I've watched it since.