Conservative film festival?

Started by Stefen, August 08, 2004, 02:58:47 PM

Stefen

http://www.afrfilmfestival.com/

Whats this all about? Are all the movies in black and white?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

modage

Quote from: Stefenhttp://www.afrfilmfestival.com/

Whats this all about? Are all the movies in black and white?
just white.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

It's in your town Ghostboy. Gonna go? It's on September 10th-12th (hahahaha)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

Hey, that 's the same weekend The Brown Bunny opens here. What a tough choice.

matt35mm

"First and only Pro-American film festival?"

Wow.  I guess all other film festivals are anti-American.  I had no idea.

"Doing Film The Right Way."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I guess film was always done incorrectly as well.  This is a real eye-opener.

EDIT:  Oh, I thought The Brown Bunny WAS part of the Conservative Film Festival (minus the BJ).  My bad.

matt35mm

Oh wait, I just looked at the site more carefully and noticed a couple of interesting things:

1. DC/911: Time of Crisis is a drama about President Bush in the days following 9/11.  Timothy Bottoms plays President Bush.  This is the same Timothy Bottoms that played President Bush in "That's My Bush!", the Trey Parker/Matt Stone show.  But this movie will obviously be a pro-Bush movie.

2. To End All Wars stars Keifer Sutherland and Robert Carlyle.  The movie is about WWII POW camps or something, I'm not sure.  But I just thought it was interesting that this implies that somehow WWII movies are "conservative."  There were probably more left-leaning people involved in the movie than right-leaning.

Okay.  I'm done ridiculing their worthless film festival now.

Ravi

Quote from: GhostboyHey, that 's the same weekend The Brown Bunny opens here. What a tough choice.

I'm with you.  I'd rather see Vincent Gallo getting a blow job than George W. Bush.