Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

SoNowThen

In order to celebrate our recent thread-cleaning, I give you another wonderful Tina rant:

"Leonard Nimoy pulled out of a fundraiser for the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle this month, when he learned organizers wanted to censor some of his photos of naked women. Finally! Someone willing to stand up to the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle! Your reign of tyranny is over, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle! [stands on newsdesk] Thanks to Leonard Nimoy, Seattle and its surrounding suburbs will now walk free! From Kirkland to Bremerton! From the streets of Silverdale to the majestic highland of Richmond, the people of the great northwest will never again feel the oppressive thumb of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle! Residents of Yakima and Maple Valley, arise and be free! The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is your oppressors no more!" [walks straight into the audience]
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenI definitely would've watched the movie then.

You mean you havent' seen it??!! Good god, man!

Damned with Fey praise (sorry, I couldn't resist a genuinely rank pun):

"I would say the show's less politically wicked than it used to be... They should be having a field day with.. Cheney and Bush. God, they could be just cooking them and eating them every week. I still think Tina Fey is hysterically funny, though; I think she has the perfect kind of meter and cadence for the news thing. And that's something where you do still have the edginess of the show... now it has some real bite to it, and I think it's because of Tina and Jimmy." - Alec Baldwin

"I'll admit that I was not prepared to deal with the wall of resistance... but Molly Shannon and Ana Gasteyer and Cheri Oteri and Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey kicked ass. They came in and would not be denied." - Janeane Garofalo

Both quotes from Live from New York.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SoNowThen

I've found bits of info on sketches that are confirmed Tina creations:

Old French Whore (a classic!)
Colonel Angus
The View
Sulley and Denise

...anybody know anymore?

Sigur Rós

I am so damn tired of all this talk about Tina Fey. I think I speak for all us Europeans when I say this "We don't know her!".  She isn't that hot...she doesn't look that funny...."We just don't share your passion!".

Mambo every day!

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósI am so damn tired of all this talk about Tina Fey. I think I speak for all us Europeans when I say this "We don't know her!".  She isn't that hot...she doesn't look that funny...."We just don't share your passion!".
then excactly why do you resurrect this thread?

SoNowThen

You Europeans should try to download clips of Weekend Update off Kazaa.  I think she would make you chuckle.

As to her hotness, well it's more like intelligent-sexy, which I must admit does not usually affect me, but in her case... Yes Indeed!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: SoNowThenAre we gonna do this whore, or what?

Like modernage, GT, and myself discussed. 25 top films, in real order. No ties, no extras, no "nor particular order" (though I myself am fond of those).

Tina says: "Start your engines"

Because of this my good 'Phil'

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósBecause of this my good 'Phil'
don't ever, EVER put my name in quotes, bitch.

phil marlowe

Quote from: SoNowThenYou Europeans should try to download clips of Weekend Update off Kazaa.  I think she would make you chuckle.

As to her hotness, well it's more like intelligent-sexy, which I must admit does not usually affect me, but in her case... Yes Indeed!
i will definatly try that especially since i've never found a woman comedian funny before. but then again in europe, the only one we got is hugh grant.

MacGuffin

Lindsay Lohan Joining Paramount's Mean Girls
Source: Variety

Lindsay Lohan is in talks to reteam with Freaky Friday director Mark S. Waters in Paramount's upcoming teen comedy Mean Girls.

The story centers on an adolescent girl who has been on safari with her zoologist parents but must navigate new terrain when she moves to an Illinois public school and falls in love with the ex-boyfriend of one of the most popular girls. Things turn ugly when she's reduced to using the same mean-spirited methods as the other girls.

The film, written by Saturday Night Live head writer Tina Fey, is scheduled to start shooting in early September.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i'm a little disappointed you didnt post that news in the Lindsay Lohan thread. :oops:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Tina lives!!!!!!!!

ANyway.... yeah, I hope this flick is good. I will be looking forward to it.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

after all the east coast blackouts of the past week and the fact that we lost gregory hines, isnt this post now more then ever relavent

godardian

A seven-page article on Tina Fey in today's New Yorker; starts on page 42 with a half-page color photograph.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.