Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

SoNowThen

Just the non-Tina stuff, right? Leave any and all references to her, even though some were precursors to the arguing. I hope everyone will agree...

Thanks RK. Just wanted Tina appreciation. Didn't think I would strike such a nerve...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

some of my jokes were pretty great, so they will be missed

but for tina and sonowthen i will sacrifice

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pas

I surely agree. I wish this never happenned, especially on this thread.

While you're at it, there's about 900 other posts you could delete too...

:roll:

SoNowThen

So I did some checking into it, about what I was wondering before: how much SNL writers get paid. Tina gave an interview with Writers Digest and threw out the number $80000 a year. Not too bad, imo, even though they have a hard job, and work six days a week. That's pretty sweet if you love what you're doing. She also said that while $1 million deals have happened, people seem to get about as high as $300000 now. Well, I surely think she deserves six figures at least.

Mesh

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
FIRST OF ALL PHILL, MY GOD IS YOUR NEW PICTURE GREAT

On this, Genius and I are in 100% complete agreement.

SoNowThen

You are the man!

As soon as I get home, I'm watching this. Die work... keeping me from my Tina vids...

ono

Unfortunately, it's only audio, but it's still hilarious.  :)

SoNowThen

Here's some food for thought on previous WU anchors, straight from the beautiful woman herself:

Q- There have been so many different "Update" anchors. Who was your favorite?
"Colin was one of my favorites because I wrote for him when he first took over, and he's a brilliant comedian. I love Norm [MacDonald], of course. I love Dennis [Miller]."

RegularKarate

Damn that took a long time... I'm never cleaning up after you kids again.

SoNowThen

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThen

Tina says: Merci

She could've been Amelie.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

I definitely would've watched the movie then.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
FIRST OF ALL PHILL, MY GOD IS YOUR NEW PICTURE GREAT

On this, Genius and I are in 100% complete agreement.

and the rest of us agree that you love manass