Lolita?

Started by tpfkabi, January 10, 2003, 10:58:27 PM

MacGuffin

Lithgow & Tucci in Peter Sellers Biopic

John Lithgow is set to play writer-director Blake Edwards and Stanley Tucci has signed to portray late filmmaker Stanley Kubrick in HBO's The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, a biopic of the late British actor.

The Hollywood Reporter says the two join the film's star-studded cast, led by Geoffrey Rush, who will portray the Pink Panther star. The cast also includes Emily Watson and Charlize Theron as Seller's first and second wives, respectively.

Stephen Hopkins is directing the film, which is scheduled to begin production April 16 in London.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

2 and 1/2 years later i finally got to see it.

a new Hollywood Video opened around here and it has a lot of great films that i've wanted to see, but haven't found. everything's also 99 cents for the time being.

one thing i noticed was that it didn't seem to have the sort of camera work i usually expect in a Kubrick film. it just seemed to have pretty straight forward setups. nothing as memorable as the camera moving through the trenches in Paths of Glory.

i liked the bookend beginning and ending, especially the shot through the painting.

next, i noticed they also have Killer's Kiss on DVD.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.