The reason for the end of the old message board?

Started by aurora, January 27, 2003, 03:31:52 AM

aurora

Hi there,

I was wondering what happened in the last day before the message board went down?

Did PTA reveal himself or something?

If you don't want to answer on the board, PM me.

I'm VERY curious about it all

As one of the first to sign up on the board - I deserve to know :(

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

sphinx

this is pretty much it.  nothing more mysterious than that

BackUpOffMeFoo

A mole had infiltrated the EO. During the absence of the President and eohtoo the mole (aka eofoo) tried to pull a coup de tat. Declaring power for himself he began appointing Yabb gods and moderators to the elite organization. The eohtoo saw what was happening. He came back and single handedly thwarted the hostile takeover. Taking no prisoners. Leaving all burning at his feet.  

One day the president returned. He began insinuating that eohtoo had been out of hand and that he felt he needed to heal the wounded in his village. A village that the eohtoo had already destroyed. Eohtoo tried to play it off with some lyrics. The president again laid into Eohtoo. Eohtoo deleted his earlier words and posted that he was not impressed. The president destroyed eohtoo with his final words. He banished eohtoo from his home. Eohtoo bowed out respectfully. The two that were once like brothers are now like sisters.  

The next day the site was down.
Serious?

Duck Sauce

Yeah, what was the deal with it, could somebody at least drop some clues?

Newtron

Quote from: Duck SauceYeah, what was the deal with it, could somebody at least drop some clues?

Considering the explanation was posted right above you, in 3 neat packages, I think it's safe to say you'll always be clueless.

Sheriff, arrest this fool.

neatahwanta

You know, its funny....they were talking about Fiona about a year ago on the "Velvet Rope", and someone got posting about Paul and said, "Paul........"....oh, never mind.

Moment of Zen

Quote from: Sheriff Lawlessnessmole

You flooded my basement and wetted my slippers
unbuttoned my buttons and unzipped my zippers
You took off my hat when my head needed shade
and voided my signature after I paid

You spat your pee tea on my shiny blue suit
and gave me a traitorous backward salute
You leveled the castle with children inside
and made leather boots but did not skin the hide

You looked at this town and you saw only drifters
a one-horse saloon with identity shifters
So what do you do when the fighter has drawn
but never can tell where his essence has gone

Cecil

Quote from: Newtron
Considering the explanation was posted right above you, in 3 neat packages, I think it's safe to say you'll always be clueless.

hmm. i can see that this sort of wit clearly demonstrates an age of 30 years or above from the poster. congradulations, you may now start writing!

©brad

Quote from: cecil b. demented

congradulations

sweet.

Cecil

yep, still 10 years to go for me, as you can tell

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: Duck SauceYeah, what was the deal with it, could somebody at least drop some clues?

I want to know what was the original concept, what was its purpose and how it didnt serve it. Do you need me to clear it up any more?

xerxes

i hope greg doesn't mind me paraphrasing his words, but this is what he told me...

"Sorry, I just don't have the time and energy to fight the good fight
anymore. Most folks were great, but the few who ruined it were giving the
board (and also my site in general) a bad name."

Xixax

This is easy, since I was the one that worked with Greg to start it.

In the beginning, our perfect world of board users were to be intelligent and make insightful comments about Paul's films. There would be discussion about the PTA players, speculation about things in Paul's films, and meaningful discussion about all things PTA.

By the time it was shut down, about 20% of the board's messages amounted to what we had intended the board to be used for.

What killed the board? Let's just say that "Peace Out" killed the board. Not directly, mind you, but the spirit of the entire thread that later permeated everything else on the system caused it all to drift woefully far from its original intended purpose. It finally got to a point where the board was (in Greg's exact words) more of a liability than an asset.

Look at Greg's board, and the thought that goes into making it an intelligent place. The bulletin board was a bad reflection on the C&C site. I don't blame him for yanking it. I would have done the same thing.

I intentionally created this NON-PTA board so that we could all get loose and not have to worry about it. Not that there aren't any rules here (there are) - we just don't need to worry about image because we don't have or need one.

If I could have said all of this in rhyme, I would have. But my rhymes blow goats. I can only speak English.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

So the dad came in and he was like "I'm sick of you kids playing Lord of the Rings, you get in too many fights and the neighbors are starting to complain... From now on, the backyard's off limits."