Child of God

Started by Pozer, April 18, 2012, 10:08:45 PM

Pozer

Quote from: Pozer on January 19, 2012, 01:14:57 PM
gotta admire Franco's ambition, his efforts to launch Blood Merdi,etc. been wantin to revisit Child of God,
http://www.wvva.com/story/16549437/james-franco-to-direct-film-in-greenbrier-county

more excited for this film than The Counselor. James F been puttin out some coo lil behind the scenes clips...http://www.jamesfrancotv.com/videos

dirt poor movie monies involved next to SIR Riddy Scott's yet it will be the superior Cormac movie. cold calling it.

I am Schmi

Probably will be. I don't like Scott's films, because I don't think I like his style of directing. I think Franco's adaptation of McCarthy's novel will be more true to the original material than Scotts film of McCarthy's screenplay. I feel like, from the rumors, that Scott is casting all the wrong people for the roles.

Punch

Back in the spring, James Franco hit Cannes with "As I Lay Dying," an experimental drama and adaptation of William Faulkner's book that utilized all kinds of split-screen to surprisingly decent effect, even if the movie as a whole didn't amount to much more than a curiosity. Whether that latter charge will be true or not on his forthcoming "Child Of God" remains to be seen, but we now have a very brief taste.

The first teaser trailer for the movie is here and it doesn't offer much except scruffy lead Scott Haze staring into the camera. Based on the book by Cormac McCarthy, the film tells the story of Lester Ballard, an exile already on the fringes who retreats to living in a cave, falling into crime and debauchery. Fun! As this new look at the movie suggests, it's going to be some real grimy stuff coming our way.

Co-starring Franco, Tim Blake Nelson and Jim Parrack, the movie hits Venice and TIFF in the next couple of weeks, but there's no distributor or release date set just yet.

http://youtu.be/qMjiWbLoX7g

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Lottery

Beautifully written, grotesque book. Low hopes for this but who know's, he might pull it off. But no more beloved literay works please.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

Drenk

I can't wait for James Franco's Ulysses.
Ascension.

Kal

First I was surprised to see this here because I mistook it with "Son of God", the movie about Jesus, which I was just forced to watch the trailer during Lone Survivor. Then I saw this is a different movie, but it doesn't look a lot better than that one...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jenkins

it was just ignored, right, everyone just ignored it right

it's on netflix streaming and i might sample it. if i sample it like i sampled as i lay dying, and i sample interior. leather. bar. the same amount, why i might end up having watched a good 30mins of franco-directed movies. that guy sure is prolific

Garam

I didn't really like it. You know what PTA says in his promotion for IV about self-conscious literary adaptations, with the book opening at the beginning and an unwillingness to take any leaps from the source? That is this film all over. It has fancy fucking chapter headings and everything. I wasn't crazy about the book either so I didn't feel a curiosity to see it to the end.

Frederico Fellini

"Makes No country for old man seem lightweight"

Huh... Eat A Dick.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.