pink cigarrette-mr. bungle
without you im nothing-placebo
love me two times-the doors
ava adore-smashin pumpkins
black/better man-pearl jam
ive got you under my skin-frank sinatra
all mine-portishead

i cant think of all of them right now.
and yes...some songs mentioned in this thread seems to have nothing to do with love...but, i think we refer to a song as a love song because of an experience,memory or whatever. :?

godardian

Quote from: bluemindedi have a lot!...

exit music for a film-radiohead
playground love-air
i feel you/free love-depeche mode
love song-the cure
pink cigarrette-mr. bungle
without you im nothing-placebo
love me two times-the doors
ava adore-smashin pumpkins
black/better man-pearl jam
ive got you under my skin-frank sinatra
all mine-portishead

i cant think of all of them right now.
and yes...some songs mentioned in this thread seems to have nothing to do with love...but, i think we refer to a song as a love song because of an experience,memory or whatever. :?

The fact that you consider the radiohead and placebo tunes love songs is a promising sign... a song can be tortured and still express the same sentiment as a more straightforward love song. That's a pretty cool way of looking at it.

Welcome!!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

molly

tODAY I'VE HEARD that song from Days of Thunder again, Maria McSomething sings it, and it has breathless in the title - one of my favourites, sounds good and not pathetic, even after all these years. It's a really really good song

mogwai

simon & garfunkel's "cecilia" is the song i listen to when i'm down.

Gloria

Quote from: mollytODAY I'VE HEARD that song from Days of Thunder again, Maria McSomething sings it, and it has breathless in the title - one of my favourites, sounds good and not pathetic, even after all these years. It's a really really good song

I think your talking about Maria Mckee's song "Show Me Heaven."  I like that song as well.  It was remade by Jessica Andrews for the show Dawson's Creek.  As remakes go, it wasn't too bad.

blueminded

that's it godardian...i think you now what i mean when talking about those "love songs"...and also thanx! for the wellcome, i finally found a little time to post at xixax, and not only quick readings.

Quote from: mogwaisimon & garfunkel's "cecilia" is the song i listen to when i'm down.

really happy tune huh?....my name is Cecilia...funny thing.

mogwai

Quote from: bluemindedreally happy tune huh?....my name is Cecilia...funny thing.
no way?? yeah, it's a happy tune alright. hello. yeah.

molly

Quote from: Gloria
Quote from: mollytODAY I'VE HEARD that song from Days of Thunder again, Maria McSomething sings it, and it has breathless in the title - one of my favourites, sounds good and not pathetic, even after all these years. It's a really really good song

I think your talking about Maria Mckee's song "Show Me Heaven."  I like that song as well.  It was remade by Jessica Andrews for the show Dawson's Creek.  As remakes go, it wasn't too bad.

yes, that's the one.

Do you remember the song - "Twist in my sobriety"?

polkablues

"Delicate" - Damien Rice
"Soul One" - Blind Melon
"Persuasion" - Sarah McLachlan
"Sweet Euphoria" - Chris Cornell
"Comfort" - David Mead

My current favorite pissed-off love song is Pete Yorn's "Long Way Down", which contains the nifty little lyric: "I don't love you, so why should I compete with other guys?"
My house, my rules, my coffee

myadopteddaughter

mmm, mmmm good

blueminded

Quote from: myadopteddaughterI love blind melon.

me too...in fact, "blind melon" was one of my first cd's :)

i love this:

"There's a fine line between love and my feelings for you
High time I washed it all away
Unkind, I watch your future burn before you
Denied, a chance of any love in your life
And I ask you one time. Why?"

myadopteddaughter

I like their live stuff better than their studio stuff...
mmm, mmmm good

moonshiner

bruce springsteen - backstreets, thunder road

there are so many
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Thrindle

Springsteen - I'm On Fire
and if you don't mind the corniness factor... Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun.   :-D
Classic.

meatwad