The 2010 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by MacGuffin, January 11, 2010, 03:55:45 PM

picolas

consider the following (the less obvious ones at the very LEAST deserving of a nom):

IN THE LOOP for EVERYTHING

including DAVID RASCHE, best supp.

ANVIL!

ALFRED MOLINA, best supp. (for AN EDUCATION)

THE UGLY TRUTH for WORST FILM (based solely on the marketing campaign)

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I haven't seen any of these. They're in my netflix queue.

Don't forget Adventureland and Away We Go, everyone!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

I love, love, love these photoshops you guys are making!!! it pumps me so much to watch these films!!! Still 2 weeks left to do so!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I totally agree with Up and In The Loop, and support its fight.

This premeired in 2008, but had a wider (yet still very limited) distribution in 2009.  If it qualifies, I would like to suggest:

And also, I want to reinforce some attention to:

(Thirst by Chan-wook Park)

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

JG

haha, i didn't even realize we had a worst movie award. i saw a lot of bad movies this year (and great ones too), but the only one i saw that i thought was offensively bad was this movie: 

nominate precious for worst film of 2009!

Pubrick

i don't know why a bigger deal wasn't made of this in the initial post, but please note that this year we have THREE NEW CATEGORIES!

WORST FILM

BEST TV SHOW

and

BEST FILM OF THE DECADE
under the paving stones.

Pas

Kal

I have The Brothers Bloom in the WORST FILM category.

Don't forget Moon and Sam Rockwell

and Tetro and Vincent Gallo

Neil

One time i sent in a blank form, and was too embarrassed to try again.  So, I've never voted.  But, now, since I finished up my form i'm even more embarrassed with my choices.  May as well through it out Pic.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

children with angels

Even people who hate Inglorious Basterds can't truly believe it might be the worst film of the year - surely?!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pas

Quote from: children with angels on January 18, 2010, 05:49:06 PM
Even people who hate Inglorious Basterds can't truly believe it might be the worst film of the year - surely?!

Well, it's probably better than that DTV with Lindsay Lohan but I don't think that's the point of the award, is it?

polkablues

Worst Film is whatever you make of it.  2012 was by far the most fun I had at the theater all year, but I'll still enthusiastically pull the lever on voting it for worst film of the year.  But I would much rather see nominations that spark debate and we can have fun arguing over than ones that we all automatically agree on.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Captain of Industry

Quote from: kal on January 17, 2010, 04:53:23 AM
I have The Brothers Bloom in the WORST FILM category.

Don't forget Moon and Sam Rockwell

and Tetro and Vincent Gallo

Seriously X3.