vincent gallo

Started by writedownhere, April 18, 2003, 05:24:03 AM

Bethie

Quote from: bigideasis anyone a fan of his music?

Yes.

I recieved this gem as a Christmas gift

His voice is so lovely. I'd like him to come over and sing to me.

That is all.
who likes movies anyway

SoNowThen

Anybody know when Brown Bunny comes to dvd? If ever...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenAnybody know when Brown Bunny comes to dvd? If ever...

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1549&start=300
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Dunst Responds to Gallo's "Witch" Claims

Hollywood star Kirsten Dunst has slammed film-maker Vincent Gallo's cruel remarks about her, after he attacked her for pulling out of his controversial flop film The Brown Bunny. The Spider-Man actress was set to play Daisy opposite Gallo in the 2004 drama and decided against the role at the last minute, leaving Gallo's ex-girlfriend Chloe Sevigny to take her place and infamously perform oral sex on Gallo in the film. Last week Gallo told American newspaper New York Post, "I called her and told her that I was displeased that she had abandoned me on the day she was supposed to film. She became another person. She was a cold, curt, nasty little witch of a brat on the phone." Dunst's agent has slammed Gallo's comments, claiming the actress quit the production after she realized it didn't conform to Screen Actors Guild (SAG) guidelines. Her agent says, "Gallo can say anything he wants. She did nothing wrong."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

lamas

so she's basically saying that if it weren't against SAG guidelines she'd be smoking Gallo's bone like a champ?

meatball

Quote from: lamasso she's basically saying that if it weren't against SAG guidelines she'd be smoking Gallo's bone like a champ?

Wouldn't you?

Ghostboy

Quote from: lamasso she's basically saying that if it weren't against SAG guidelines she'd be smoking Gallo's bone like a champ?

No, because she wasn't up for Chloe's part -- she was going to play the gas station attendant.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: GhostboyNo, because she wasn't up for Chloe's part -- she was going to play the gas station attendant.

Well, this is a bit misleading:

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Spider-Man actress was set to play Daisy opposite Gallo in the 2004 drama and decided against the role at the last minute, leaving Gallo's ex-girlfriend Chloe Sevigny to take her place and infamously perform oral sex on Gallo in the film.

And then there's this from IMDB (which, I know, isn't the most reliable of sources, but oh well.):

Quote from: IMDB TriviaBoth Winona Ryder and Kirsten Dunst were already on the set, shooting scenes, when director/star Vincent Gallo fired them from the project. Gallo revealed this during a press conference in Cannes 2003.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Cecil

Quote from: RegularKaratehe seems to be a walking contradiction

i once read in an interview (not sure which magazine, the one with him and jarmusch on the cover) where he said that he husled a bit in new york at first, doing only hand jobs. then on a later howard stern interview, he denied ever having done so. though he seemed a bit hesitent.

grumpus

:shock:
If I didn't have those pesky student loans to pay back maybe I could afford this:

http://www.vgmerchandise.com/misc.html

cine

Quote from: grumpus:shock:
If I didn't have those pesky student loans to pay back maybe I could afford this:

http://www.vgmerchandise.com/misc.html

ah, yeah, i ordered that a few months ago. it's not that good.  :yabbse-thumbdown:

Ravi

QuoteIf the purchaser of the sperm chooses the option of natural insemination, there is an additional charge of $500,000. However, if after being presented detailed photographs of the purchaser, Mr. Gallo may be willing to waive the natural insemination fee and charge only for the sperm itself.

QuoteIf you have seen The Brown Bunny, you know the potential size of the genitals if it's a boy. (8 inches if he's like his father.) I don't know exactly how a well hung father can enhance the physical makeup of a female baby, but it can't hurt.

QuoteUnder the laws of the Jewish faith, a Jewish mother would qualify a baby to be deemed a member of the Jewish religion. This would be added incentive for Mr. Gallo to sell his sperm to a Jew mother, his reasoning being with the slim chance that his child moved into the profession of motion picture acting or became a musical performer, this connection to the Jewish faith would guarantee his offspring a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival or an Oscar.

hedwig

i'd kick someone in the balls if i saw them wearing this.

Bethie

Oh Vincent, so full of yourself, and looking to make someone else full of you..

:|
who likes movies anyway