Best Film

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 25, 2005, 08:53:13 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I think ESotSM won because it was easier to see.  It came out in March, but Sideways and Aviator came out later in the year, making them a little harder to see in time.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

Sideways has been out since October, though.  It was playing in arthouses for a long time and it had a wide release for about a month before these things were due.  The Aviator played in multiplexes mostly.  It was a wide release on Christmas Day.

Film Student

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIf we can remember this movie, why can't we remember Dogville?

Agreed.

I chose to forego voting this year because A: I haven't seen enough of the movies nominated, and B: the ones I HAVE seen I felt were overrated.  If I had voted though, it would have been a write-in for Dogville.

Eternal Sunshine was good, even great, but Dogville IS far and away the best film (at least that I've seen) this year.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Jeremy Blackman

God bless you, Film Student.

You were with me on Full Frontal too...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanGod bless you, Film Student.

For what it's worth, I'm with you on Full Frontal.

That movie was severely underrated.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

Film Student

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanGod bless you, Film Student.

I'm glad there's someone out there with similar sensibilities.  We seem to agree most of the time.  I got your back, JB.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter