Cabin Fever

Started by MacGuffin, June 17, 2003, 11:01:19 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenAlso -- not hot? Really? But her face... those big, beautiful eyes, the hair... and what ass hips and legs!!!!

Watch her on MTV's "Newlyweds" and see how spoiled and 'blonde' she is, what a whiner and diva she is, and all that 'hotness' flies right out the window.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: SoNowThenSo are they real, or what?

Also -- not hot? Really? But her face... those big, beautiful eyes, the hair... and what ass hips and legs!!!!

yeah she has a nice body and i would guess real tits but to me her face just isnt all that atractive.

Ghostboy

Jessica Simpson is annoying and fairly unnatractive outside of the world of airbrushing.

In Cabin Fever news, Eli Roth did a great interview with Harry Knowles right here. http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16057

Sleuth

Oh, I'd like to thank MacGuffin for giving that link for the free tickets.  Danke
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: tremoloslothOh, I'd like to thank MacGuffin for giving that link for the free tickets.  Danke

De nada. You got me some promo stuff, right?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: tremoloslothOh, I'd like to thank MacGuffin for giving that link for the free tickets.  Danke

what are you talking about?

Sleuth

Quote from: MacGuffin

I have too much promo stuff.  I should probably use it
I like to hug dogs

Banky

Quote from: tremolosloth

I have too much promo stuff.  I should probably use it

can yall enlighten me on what your talking about?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bankycan yall enlighten me on what your talking about?

Page 3. There was a special screening for Houston, TX residents. Trem went to it.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: Bankycan yall enlighten me on what your talking about?

Page 3. There was a special screening for TX residents. Trem went to it.

thanks, how does one "use" promo stuff?

Sleuth

well there's a 13.5inch Wonderland promotional ruler

then there's stickers and shit like that
I like to hug dogs

Banky

Quote from: tremoloslothwell there's a 13.5inch Wonderland promotional ruler

then there's stickers and shit like that

oh ok

RegularKarate

Okay... now I've seen it and I'd recomend it to others for sure.

Having said that, I wish I had seen it at SXSW when I had the chance because then I wouldn't have heard all this hype first.  
Thing is, it's good, but not Fantastic (P, your review really helped prepare me for this possiblity, thanks)... It's got some great shit in it, but parts of it make me think it couldn't quite decide what it wanted to be or where it was going.  

It had some Lynchian like characters which was kinda cool because they didn't belong, but in that same way, they did, but then again, it seemed like it wasn't sure whether it wanted it's comedy to be "strange" or "dumb" and having both is just fine, but it didn't play out very well.

Hmmm... I'm being a little hard on it because I really did like it... I thought it was one of the better movies that has come out in a while and I'm very excited about Eli Roth and his future.... it could have just been something worthy of comparisson to Evil Dead, but just didn't quite make it.

Pas

Great great horror flick ! I had a date to see it and she squeezed my arm at least 4-5 times. I now have good hopes for a second date, thank you Eli Roth !

Quote from: RegularKarateIt had some Lynchian like characters

Angelo Badalamenti did the score too, which was great !

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas RapportGreat great horror flick ! I had a date to see it and she squeezed my arm at least 4-5 times. I now have good hopes for a second date, thank you Eli Roth !

I went alone... intentionally... went early had almost the entire theater to myself (on a SATURDAY EVEN)... twenty minutes into the film, these fucking teenyboppers come in and sit DIRECTLY behind me... they start talking about it out loud, trying to figure out what's going on, talking about how stupid it is... So throughout the rest of the movie, I have to put up with "I don't understand..." "Why is he..." "What the hell is the deal with..."  I start turning around and looking at them, clearing my throat, giving subtle hints that I'm trying to watch the movie and then after the movie, one of the girls actually leans forward and asks me what happened at the beginning... I go "you missed twenty minutes" and she says "I know... but I don't get this... what happened at the beginning" I just said "People got sick" and left.

I always end up with people like that behind me.

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Angelo Badalamenti did the score too, which was great !

Don't think he did the entire score, just a couple pieces... but you could definately tell when it was him.   and yeah... it was great.