Reducing an exported video size.

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, May 04, 2004, 01:20:03 AM

GodDamnImDaMan

I'm making a few shorts, one including the Shitzu Behind the Music. Anyway, with that said I export these videos from Adobe Premiere on a 350x250 (or something liek that) video size, they come out pretty damn big. About 48 megs, how can I reduce the size? Let me know guys, I apprecaite it .

EDIT: forgot to mention the video I exported was only about 4 minutes.  

4 minutes = 48 megs is kinda big for a 350 x 250 video size.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Ghostboy

I'm not sure about formats other than Quicktime, since that's all I encode in, but...

The size you're thinking of is 320x240. Anyway, try lowering the quality to about half, or maybe just over half. And then take the KBS rate down from 90 to something like 50 or 60 or so. And if you can adjust the frame rate, try 15 or 18, rather than 29.97. On the audio, drop it from 48khz to something far lower...16, or even 12 if the sound isn't too dynamic. Also, when I imagine Adobe has a handful of codecs you can use, like Final Cut Pro does -- try Sorensen Video 3, or something like that.

metroshane

FCP came with a program called Compressor.  I always have to use it if i want to put it on the web.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Jeremy Blackman

I'm not sure about Premier, but this works beautifully with Final Cut... Use  Apple's new MPEG-4 encoding with AAC audio (the mp4 format). You can keep the video and audio quality maximized and still get a pretty small file. The only tricky thing is the key frame, which, depending on the video, is best around 9. It's 320x240. You get 6-10 MB per minute at the highest quality, which is reasonable.