Les Claypool
Dave Edmunds
Liz Phair
Bob Pollard and the rest of Guided by Voices
Neutral Milk Hotel's drummer Jeremy Barnes
Archer Prewitt (Coctails/Sea & Cake)
John Vanderslice
Spoon
Eric Bachmann (Archers of Loaf/Crooked Fingers)
Brian Deck
Damon Che of Dan Caballero
The Blank Theory (anyone heard of them?)
Braid
Dianogah
Dave Pajo (Zwan, Slint)
Douglas McCombs (Tortoise)
David Yow (The Jesus Lizard)

I'll edit as I think up more.  Details available on any of these.  SFA and Jeff Tweedy are both good stories.

Sleuth

Tell me about meeting Modest Mouse

I am a huge fan
I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: tremoloslothTell me about meeting Modest Mouse

I am a huge fan

ok, well they were very , modest

Mesh

Quote from: tremoloslothTell me about meeting Modest Mouse

I am a huge fan

Um, lemme think.  This was right around the time that Moon & Antarctica came out.  They were in town and the editor of the magazine I write for invited them to a Halloween party we were all going to.  They were all dressed as bums and/or hippies.  They were nice guys, seemed tired and disoriented, though.

A few months after that, I caught a secret show of theirs as SXSW.  I called the bass player by the wrong name, but he was cool about it.  Nice guys.  Honestly, I never really met Isaac or talked to him.

polkablues

I met David Poe after a show at a club once.  He showed me how to play his song "Reunion", but I've since forgotten.

I would give up to and including three fingers or toes to meet Liz Phair.  Seriously, if I lived near her, I would be stalking her right now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Mesh

Quote from: polkabluesI would give up to and including three fingers or toes to meet Liz Phair.  Seriously, if I lived near her, I would be stalking her right now.

Hilariously, I met Liz Phair while working at a Barnes & Noble.  She'd just finished selecting a few choice titles from our Self-Improvement section.

She was shorter than I'd expected and not quite as hot.

Ghostboy

Nick Cave.

Oh, and The Frogs.

Alethia

i met ringo starr in long island

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: polkabluesI would give up to and including three fingers or toes to meet Liz Phair.  Seriously, if I lived near her, I would be stalking her right now.

Hilariously, I met Liz Phair while working at a Barnes & Noble.  She'd just finished selecting a few choice titles from our Self-Improvement section.

She was shorter than I'd expected and not quite as hot,  but her brother va va va voooooom , as he bent over to pick up a copy of " karate world magazine" i caught a wiff  of  man love, i quicklly grabed a copy of blue boy magazine and made a urgent rush to the mens room where i violated myself ....

ok thats just un called for, from now on im only shopping at borders

Cecil

bury the hatchet, you guys. buuuuury it!!!

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman
I went to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live concert when I was very young and although I did not meet them there, I did meet them some years later at disney world. That's the most I can brag about.

What were they doing at Disneyworld?

Cecil

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: ebeaman
I went to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live concert when I was very young and although I did not meet them there, I did meet them some years later at disney world. That's the most I can brag about.

What were they doing at Disneyworld?

obviously they were tracking down shredder, and the big meanie was hiding out at disneyworld. sigh, be logical man.

thedog

I won't give the long list of who I've met (mostly old jazz musicians). But I will say that if Isaac Hayes walked into a crowded restaurant and saw me, he would no doubt sit down for a chat.

That's gangster.

Bow down.

When I come to your town.

aclockworkjj

I have met :

Phish
Alice Cooper
Luther Campbell
Bela Fleck
Dave Matthews
Violent Femmes
Citizen King
Victor Wooten
Merl Saunders

sexterossa

i dreamt i met fiona apple. twice.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.