Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

polkablues

Kyle Chandler is so good in this show, it's easy to forget how forgettable he's been in everything he's ever done before this show.  He's so tuned into the character, there's never a false moment or bad choice in his performance.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pwaybloe

I know! I can't believe it either.

Seriously, yeah.  Here's hoping that FNL is a launching pad for something even better.

diggler

Quote from: Stefen on January 15, 2010, 08:01:40 PM
This last episode was great. Plus it had both Wallace AND Dangelo Barksdale from The Wire.

yea, this season is shaping up to be the ultimate "what if" scenario for wire fans.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Stefen

Can't wait for this seasons finale. Haven't anticipated a finale like this in awhile.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

this past episode was intense, things are shaping up for an epic showdown.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

Other shows you would assume things work out at the end, but not here. Anything can happen. I think something good will happen though cause this season has been depressing and nothing worked the way it was supposed to, so the Taylor's need a break and the Panthers need to miss the Playoffs and fire the coach.

The Riggings thing looks pretty bad though.

polkablues

Tim Riggins has become one of the great tragic characters of television history, which is amazing to me when you go back and watch the first season.

Stefen

Does anyone know a torrent for the last episode that aired tonight? please pm me because I don't want to click on this thread and read spoilers. :o(
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on February 11, 2010, 02:45:23 AM
Does anyone know a torrent for the last episode that aired tonight? please pm me because I don't want to click on this thread and read spoilers. :o(

]http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5355721/Friday.Night.Lights.S04E13.Finale.HDTV.XviD.[KayTV]

I will wait until more people watch this but it was an amazing season finale. i dont get how this show keeps flying under the radar, not just for viewers but for awards, cause its by far the best show on tv and the writing and the actors are unbelievable.

Stefen

Yeah, it was a great episode. I hope this isn't the end, but if it is, I think it works.

polkablues

I read today that the plan is for one more season and then that's it for good.  I'm relieved, because I'm not ready to give up this show just yet.

Kal

Yeah, this isn't the end for sure. The 5th season is confirmed and shoots in June. That one though its pretty much confirmed also to be the last one and it will premiere on DTV in October.

As good as some of the new characters are, I think its good that they start closing the story now that most of the regulars are gone. Obviously Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are the heart and soul of this, but with no Tim Riggins, no Saracen, etc it is definitely not the same.

Honestly, I'm dying to come up with a good pitch for a new series and take it to Kyle Chandler. It's tough to imagine him as another character that is not Eric Taylor right now but that dude can act.

squints

So because, and only because, of you guys I've started watching this show. And i'm pretty much hooked. It can get SOOOO fucking cheesy though and feel like something straight out of Dawson's Creek but Kyle Chandler is so fun to watch and am genuinely interested in what happens to these characters. What's the best season? Does is get monumentally better from here? I hope so. I'm gonna stick with it.

funniest/most ironic part so far:

Riggins is bullshitting with his dad and says something to the effect of "So what do you think of Parcells is he gonna stick around?" To which his dad replies "Parcells? Screw that. The cowboys? Might as well root for the Saints."

haha
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

I thought Season 3 was the best, for sure. There are tons of plot points in that season that really get it going heading into season 4. Season 2 was kind of boring, I thought.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on February 12, 2010, 12:23:46 PM
I thought Season 3 was the best, for sure. There are tons of plot points in that season that really get it going heading into season 4. Season 2 was kind of boring, I thought.

Season 2 was weak compared to the others and it also had the writers strike so they had to cut it short, but its still good. The first one is probably the best season overall, but 3 and 4 are excellent as well. One of the few examples of a show that may get better with time instead of jumping the shark.