nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: mogwaimaybe he should go back to cocaine to make another mindnumbing epic album then?

Umm... yeah.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

nine inch nails have revealed their new drummer

it's no one other than.... *drum rolls*

MEG WHITE???

72teeth

Quote from: onomabracadabra
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

hedwig

believe it or not, they are all smiling.

Ghostboy

Conceptually, that's fucking awesome.

hedwig

but seriously,

Quote from: mogwainine inch nails have revealed their new drummer

it's no one other than.... *drum rolls*

^^^ this guy, Josh Freese, A Perfect Circle drummer.

mogwai

but seriously hedwig, where do you get your resources?

josh only played two gigs so they could find a replacement to jerome.

here's josh with the gang.

that's the new drummer. not joking.

here's what jerome dillon will do until he's rested and fit again:

"subsequently, the decision was made to hire replacement drummers (for this leg) to allow me enough time to adjust to medication and to also spend time pursuing my true passion...gardening."

hedwig

Quote from: mogwaibut seriously hedwig, where do you get your resources?

josh only played two gigs so they could find a replacement to jerome.

1 source:
CONTACTMUSIC.COM (Posted 10/8/2005)
"JOSH FREESE has stepped in to replace JEROME DILLON as the NINE INCH NAILS drummer undergoes tests for a heart condition. The rock group was forced to cancel two shows last month (SEP05) when Dillon was hospitalised after passing out onstage. Freese will perform with Nine Inch Nails for the remainder of the group's current tour."

2 source:
ROLLING STONE (Posted Oct 07, 2005)
"A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer JOSH FREESE has been filling in for NINE INCH NAILS drummer JEROME DILLON while Dillon is undergoing treatment for a heart condition. It is uncertain whether Freese will replace Dillon, whose health problems led to show cancellations last month, for the remainder of the NIN tour"

hedwig

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I never realized how "Richie Tenenbaum"ish Trent looks with a shaved head.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: mogwailive footage (get it while it's hot, windows media) 105 mb

yeah, it's down.
this is what happens:

1. march of the pigs. it's end of the original song and the all the pigs are lined up jam. cuts right when they rock out. annoying.

2. the frail. trent plays the piano and the stage is covered with blue moody lights.

3. the wretched. nothing but the performance of the song. trent flexes his muscles.

4. eraser. a giant curtain is down and various unrecognizable images is projected on it.

5. hurt. the new version is trent playing the song solo with his piano. the band joins in the end to provide some noise.

6. the hand that feeds. short but cool.

7. head like a hole. here's what the cool stuff happens. aaron north, the new guitarist on speed crashes his guitar head front on one of his speakers. then off camera he shugs his monitor off stage causing the crowd to go mental. trent just throws his guitar in the air and it lands with not breaking. what a wuss. allesandro (or something), the keyboardist looks like he want to take a chainsaw and take his anger out on his set. nothing happens. then the new drummer walks off and waves. and when aaron is through destroying the stage he eyes jeordie white (or something) that the concert is over. jeordie takes off his guitar and crashes down on the ground. the end. this sequence is the coolest.

edit: the file is up again

mogwai

did anyone attend this show? amazing shot.