Fargo - Special Edition DVD

Started by Finn, September 27, 2003, 03:38:31 PM

Finn

I'm really looking forward to this. It comes out Tuesday with (hopefully) some interesting extras:

New documentary: "Minnesota Nice"

Interview with the Coen Brothers and Frances McDormand

Audio commentary with director of photography Roger A. Deakins

Behind-the-scenes photo gallery

Hidden menus and other surprises

Full-screen and widescreen anamorphic formats
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Redlum

Late one night I saw this excellent full on documentary about the case of the girl from japan who died whilst supposedly looking for buried briefcase after taking the 'True Story' title card seriously. I'm suprised they didnt include it. Great DVD though, particularly for the audio commentary, but its generally just a well put together package.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Finn

From what I heard, the DVD also has a segment where the Coen brothers talk about the false title card at the beginning of the movie saying that the movie was based on a true story.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Derek237

Doesn't it include some kind of map, too? I heard something like that...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SydneyI'm really looking forward to this. It comes out Tuesday with (hopefully) some interesting extras:

Audio commentary with director of photography Roger A. Deakins

.. :yabbse-thumbdown: ..I think he is great n' all but  the last technical  commentary track i heard was the horrible in the mouth ofr madness ..the best tech. one was libatique's ..but thats a different hread..

Still..I want this maily b/c it si my fav. coens' film and a beautiful transfer of this film ..hopefully it delivers...but there is alot of white in this film.  hard to do.

bonanzataz

i thought this movie was based on a true story... hmmph...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ElPandaRoyal

Quotei thought this movie was based on a true story... hmmph...

LOL. At least that what they said... It was just another Coen touch
Si

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's a beautiful case, everything looks sweet BUT....

IT'S DOUBLE SIDED!  NOOOOOOO!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

smash

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobIt's a beautiful case, everything looks sweet BUT....

IT'S DOUBLE SIDED!  NOOOOOOO!
YEAH! It was shocking when I opened it up yesterday....

I was upset, but then I quickly got over it because this movie is fantastic.

bonanzataz

wait, do you have to flip the disc in the middle of the movie or are special features on one side, movie on the other?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazwait, do you have to flip the disc in the middle of the movie or are special features on one side, movie on the other?

No. Widescreen is one one side, full screen on the other. Same features on both sides. The easter egg menus are pretty cool, and the map is funny with the little cartoon pictures of the dead bodies.

Commentary is okay. Deakins kinda takes long pauses betweens tidbits. Only watched a bit of the fact track, and it seems like it was just statictics and bio fluff.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

thank god. you guys scared the everloving shit out of me.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Sorry, but it's still angerfying.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

why? just stay on your respective side. you're a film dork so you'll always be on widescreen, it shouldn't be a problem unless you really want to compare the widescreen to the fullscreen.

smash

but...but...we want pretty pictures on top instead of a little ring saying "Fargo - Widescreen"