PDL screened at my school for the unwashed masses

Started by Film Student, January 27, 2003, 05:00:31 PM

Film Student

Went and saw a campus showing of PDL friday night... It was sort of a disaster.  First of all, the projection was on dvd, in full screen, and looked like a third generation dub.  The colors were completely washed out, and it ended up looking like a Lars Von Trier movie.  The sound was horrible; the music and dialogue were filtered through the speakers wrong and most of the dialogue was drowned out.   The theatre was packed at the beginning, but twenty minutes into it people started leaving until half the theatre was empty.  

The girl I saw it with liked it though  :roll:
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

phil marlowe

Quote from: Film StudentThe colors were completely washed out, and it ended up looking like a Lars Von Trier movie.

HEY!

©brad

md

im assuming that dvd was one of the for your consideration dvds.  Isnt that illegal to do public screenings then?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

bonanzataz

If it was full screen, washed out color, and bad sound, it was a bootleg from the theaters. I downloaded that shit online... unwatchable.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls