Happy Anniversary XIXAX.com

Started by Fernando, January 07, 2004, 01:31:39 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©bradRK seems like the cool uncle that snuck you a beer or two when you were little and had to sit at the kiddie table.

Thanks CBrad (by the way **Schpitsss** here, don't tell your mom)

I'm actually going to be an uncle soon, my wife's sister is pregnant... but I guess I probably have to wait... what?  another seven years before I start sneaking him/her beers?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Happy Birthday, Xixax!

And a wonderful job is being done to host this board.  That isn't sarcastic, it may have seemed that way because of the thread on Bannings, but I was just concerned.  I don't really hold any grudges, it's all good, and good tidings as we head into the next birthday... (The Terrible Twos!)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: ©bradRK seems like the cool uncle that snuck you a beer or two when you were little and had to sit at the kiddie table.

Thanks CBrad (by the way **Schpitsss** here, don't tell your mom)

I'm actually going to be an uncle soon, my wife's sister is pregnant... but I guess I probably have to wait... what?  another seven years before I start sneaking him/her beers?

yeah, seven seems to be the opportune age.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Seven?  You're waiting for his liver to get more developed?  I say pump the shit into him so his body adjusts to it.  That or malfunctions.

Either or.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

its fun to look at your posts from when you started, and then look at what you're posting now.  see how you've changed.

my early posts, like, the first 2 or 3 months, are pretty embarassing

cheers to a great fucking year.

modage

Quote from: Pedro the Wombatmy early posts, like, the first 2 or 3 months, are pretty embarassing.
me too.  

Quote from: FernandoAlso I want to thank Mac and Mini-Mac for their huge contribution in news of any film, dvd, future projects, etc.
For their knowledge: Again Mac, Godardian, SNT, Ono, Cinephile.
hopefully someday i'll make the knowledge list as well.   :cry:

thanks xixax for a cool place to go to talk about movies, and help me along with where to start, what to see, and just to be able to rant about the occasional bomb.  i was pretty surprised when i first came here as to how tailored the directors forums seemed to be to my tastes, and i think the longer i stay here (its only been 6 months), the more they seem to merge as i appreciate those i appreciated less and so on.  so, thanks xixax.  and to everybody cool here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You were right on, Pedro.  

My early posts weren't as cool as they are now.

And wow, I suck now, too.  Ok, no more jokes can be made at my statement, let's move on.

zerocool41

Hey, i'm just curious...i've been with the pta message board from the start, and same here...i'm not a massive post'er...but i'm curious if my presence has always been felt if at all, and in what capacity....how do my fellow xixax'ers view me?
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

cine

Natalie Portman with an amputated right arm.

©brad

Quote from: zerocool41Hey, i'm just curious...i've been with the pta message board from the start, and same here...i'm not a massive post'er...but i'm curious if my presence has always been felt if at all, and in what capacity....how do my fellow xixax'ers view me?

well, you're not cool. i can say that.

zerocool41

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pedro the Wombatits fun to look at your posts from when you started, and then look at what you're posting now.  see how you've changed...

...and how many times MacGuffin redirected you.

Quote from: zerocool41Hey, i'm just curious...i've been with the pta message board from the start, and same here...i'm not a massive post'er...but i'm curious if my presence has always been felt if at all, and in what capacity....how do my fellow xixax'ers view me?

I always thought you only just posted in the For Filmmakers forum.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

He said you weren't cool because you're Zerocool (I'm assuming).  But hell, you want to make a name for yourself, get into deep discussions and really involve yourself.

I have rarely done this and wonder why some people know who I am, but that's besides the point.  Don't give up and just apply your hardcore cool knowledge.

zerocool41

the majority...yes..i posted my xmas gifts recently, my dvd list way back when...but yeah i guess i'm more often than not over there...i'm not trying to stay away from you guys...i usually get caught up in reading posts and never post reply's.