best dvd review site?

Started by tpfkabi, February 20, 2003, 09:45:45 PM

tpfkabi

what dvd site do you like the most?

i'd like to find reviews on Road to Perdition but i guess next week is when they'll be put out
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

sphinx

my main sources of news/info

www.dvdfile.com - great design, early reviews, mediocre system of news
www.dvdshrine.com - bad for news, good for early covers, general reviews (the site used to be actively updated more than once every day)
www.dvdreview.com - crappier design, crappier reviews, great system for news

i'm curious to see which sites other people use

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideaswhat dvd site do you like the most?

Quote from: sphinxwww.dvdfile.com - great design, early reviews, mediocre system of news

:yabbse-thumbup:

Quote from: bigideasi'd like to find reviews on Road to Perdition but i guess next week is when they'll be put out

Click on pic:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tommy Both

Road To Perdition really showed me how great Conrad Hall was. Fuck, those exterior shots , that scene by night in the rain, that was the shit. I think I'll be renting some of the movies he shot, I actually didn't really know about him or his name before this  :oops:

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Pwaybloe

Quote from: XixaxI use Macguffin at Xixax.Com.

8)

That's the truth.

THC

Quote from: tommy_bothRoad To Perdition really showed me how great Conrad Hall was. Fuck, those exterior shots , that scene by night in the rain, that was the shit. I think I'll be renting some of the movies he shot, I actually didn't really know about him or his name before this  :oops:

I wasn't really familiar with him until American Beauty.  I think he is a genius based on what I have seen, but mostly because of the American Beauty commentary that he participates in.  The American Beauty commentary with Conrad Hall and Sam Mendes is in my onpinion the greates commentary there is in terms of how the film was actually lit and shot.  There are more entertaining commentaries with roudy cast members etc. (ie. Boogie Nights or and Kevin Smith movie), but this is the most informative for anyone interested in that kind of stuff (which it seems like you are).
"Come on Bart, we're going to see an R rated movie.  It's called Barton Fink."

ShanghaiOrange

//www.digitalbits.com/

If the site doesn't have it, the forums usually do.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Stringstroker

I'm a fan of  davisdvd.com.  Not only do they have cover art, they have back cover art, disc art, menu screens, and decent DVD news.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

tpfkabi

once i came upon  a site that would list all of the dvd reviews together for a film......i stumbled across it during a search......anyone think they know the site

Ravi

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange//www.digitalbits.com/

If the site doesn't have it, the forums usually do.

Digital Bits is good for news, but they're pretty slow on reviews.  For example, they just recently reviewed the White Oleander DVD, which came out quite a while ago.

Cecil

Quote from: bigideasonce i came upon  a site that would list all of the dvd reviews together for a film......i stumbled across it during a search......anyone think they know the site

www.mrqe.com have many available online reviews (not just dvd) of films

tpfkabi

yeah, i check that site for reviews of the film itself. one time there was a site that would list all of the dvd reviews of a film together. i think i found it when i was looking for reviews on the Contempt DVD, so i'll try searching for that and maybe i'll find it.