psh recap in rochester

Started by md, January 25, 2004, 10:28:01 PM

md

well, i just got back from the phil hoffman q and a thingy which showed his documentary film "the parties over".  After some technical difficulty the film was shown and i must say that it was about as good as it could get in dealing with a presidential race.  Unfornuately it was a dvd screening, not a film print, since the whole thing was shot on a xl1.  The q and a was definatly a disappointment since it was all politically based.  Each question was just a mutaliation of either "how can we get more public awareness of blah blah" or "how does this film age since it was about the 2000 election and blah blah blah september 11"  After raising my hand the entire time, i was scared i wasnt get called on, but forunately i was the last question.  I asked him if he had read pta's new script, if so was he in it and what was it about.  Which he replied he hasnt, they talk frequently and are very good friends and share ideas, and that he just plans on working with his labyrinth theatre company.  It was a good night and he signed something. word
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Jeremy Blackman