Alexandro

Quote from: MeshMellow Gold - 10.0
Odelay - 9.6
Mutations - 9.9
Midnight Vultures - 7.2
One Foot in the Grave - 8.5
Stereopathetic Soulmanure - 6.5
Sea Change - 9.5

Yes, I've hard all of those...I own a whole nunch and the rest I downloaded it...I collect them actually, but in Mexico is kinda hard to keep up...

And yes, he writes the best lyrics ever, sometimes I just can't believe the way this man mixes words...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

is satan gave me a taco well liked in mexico alexandro ?

chainsmoking insomniac

Heh-heh. Now that one's a gem.

I own all of his albums, and I'll pop one in according to the mood I'm in.  Midnite Vultures gets played at every one of my parties; Soul Manure is for private consumption; Mellow Gold-anytime; Mutations is great make-out music ( :-D ); Odelay and the others are for whenever, really.... :wink:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Alexandro

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManis satan gave me a taco well liked in mexico alexandro ?

It's not like Beck is very big in Mexico...most people only remember Loser really, but there's of course, a small crowd for him, and most of them know that song...we all like it a lot...it's a funny song no matter where you are from...

Mesh

Quote from: themodernage02how about beck b-sides?  ive got about 3 or 4 cds full. have you heard any of these?

The "Loser" and "Beercan" singles are two of his most essential discs.  You need those as part of your b-side compilation.

modage

have the loser one. but not the beercan one, surprisingly.  although i might have the songs downloaded somewhere.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

i downloaded most of the bsides mentioned and burned them. i love that disc. one of my favorite beck cd's.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

I like Mutations the best, maybe b/c of the Nigel Goodrich production.  
Midnite Vultures is a fun album, it reminds me a lot of Prince, who I think is great.

I never got into Odelay or Mellow Gold and I have yet to hear Sea Change.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Mesh

Quote from: SHAFTRI like Mutations the best.......I have yet to hear Sea Change.

Do something about this, like, now.  Mutations fans should all love Sea Change.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Beck - Midnite Vultures

This should be owned by everyone.  So eclectic Beck is with songs like...

Nicotene and Gravy
Sexx Laws
Mixed Bizness
Debra...

Must listen to Beck now...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

anyone else heard the new pink song written by beck "Feel Good Time" from charlies angels II?  it sounds exactly like something off midnite vultures.  remind me to hate the general public when this becomes a huge hit.  if beck does it, nobody wants to hear it, but the exact same song coming from pink, and you watch, its going to be huge.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

chainsmoking insomniac

Such is the Way of the World my friend.  :(

Just picked up Sea Change and WOW!

It sounds like Beck is finally bearing his soul for us....just fucking beautiful!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Royal Tenenbaum

This album is one of my favourites. It's just so damn fun. I think Beck's best work is probably Sea Change and this, although pretty much everything he has done is really good.