Steve Buscemi

Started by Jack Sparrow, July 05, 2003, 12:02:45 PM

bonanzataz

same here, jp. after i saw fargo and reservoir dogs and all those adam sandler movies, i was set in my ways. i love finding buscemi in a movie when i'm not expecting him (pulp fiction, more adam sandler movies, i don't know what else).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Queer: Steve Buscemi will direct a biopic of William S Burroughs based on his novels Queer and Junky.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Cecil

cant wait to see that, though buscemi isnt the best guy for the job

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedcant wait to see that, though buscemi isnt the best guy for the job

Ever seen Tree's Lounge?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Cecil

no.

ill shut up now

Alexandro

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"....the best

He was also great in Trees Lounge, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Desperado, Mystery Train, Ghost World, Living in Oblivion...so many roles!!!!

Find Your Magali

Fargo, Living in Oblivion, Ghost World, The Big Lebowski ... sure, those are all quality films.

But, clearly, he was the thespian who held the amazing spectacle that was Con-Air together.

Two quotes:

"He's a fountain of misplaced rage. Name your cliche; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry that moments of levity actually cause him pain; give him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts."

AND

"Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

meatball

Do we like this guy for his craft or for... him?

ono

Quote from: meatballDo we like this guy for his craft or for... him?
Both.  He's one of the most unique actors ever to grace the screen, but still, his roles are all unique as well.

MacGuffin

Steve Buscemi Directing Lonesome Jim
Source: Variety

Actor/director Steve Buscemi will undertake his third feature stint behind the camera with Lonesome Jim, a dysfunctional family comedy-drama starring Liv Tyler and Casey Affleck.

The first screenplay penned by New York fiction writer James C. Strouse follows the return of 28-year-old Jim (Affleck) to his hometown in Indiana, where he is forced, after failing to make it on his own, to move back in with his parents and deal with crippling family obligations. Tyler plays a woman Jim meets in a local bar, whose young son begins treating him like a father.

Producers are in talks with several studios for financing and distribution. Shooting is scheduled for February.

Buscemi still plans to film Queer as well, which is based on the novel about the period spent by author William S. Burroughs in Mexico City in the late 1940s and early '50s. That shoot is now planned for Fall, 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Hmmm. That sounds strikingly similar to Jersey Girl, doesn't it? Right down to the casting.  Personally, I can't wait to see Queer. I was really into Burroughs in high school.

cine

and I was really into Queers in high school....

wait, hold on.. I didn't mean that

Gloria

Let us not forget this wonderful performance:

cine

Oh I know. The way Buscemi conducted his body language in that film was great..