i'll be sharing

Started by jenkins, May 20, 2014, 01:22:41 PM

jenkins

Morgan has made the flyers. that's super solid of him because i haven't yet made a flyer, and it's not a talent of mine i've yet exposed (it might not be there?)

the one posted above basically steals the techniques of a pyramid scheme. get 'em from the gut. this next one was my idea, i'm lucky he made it, i provided the text, there's a Mustang reference in here, and on the streets this is called sass:

within the intended plan, it's ok if you think that's terrible. again, i'm lucky i described it to Morgan and he made it. but the plan is to keep making flyers. more flyers = more types of flyers, and there are different types of people. i think with my above flyer i'm playing a wild card but it might pop if it hits. and it fits within familiarizing people with the name Neon Burrito Publishing.

Morgan made this one without asking me nothing and i think it's wonderful:

jenkins

a few people in Automanifest i've contacted to inform them they're mentioned. that has gone well. three people from xixax are quoted on a back page that's just before the last page:

this is the current last page, a synopsis page tucked in the back, and this remains hot in terms of i made that up to mean i might still edit this page in small ways sometimes big ways happens:

jenkins

here's the front/back cover,* you click it, you pay $13, POW.

it's worth it. but here is our crossroad: this book is good, i know it because i wrote it, i wrote it because i like to read, but what good means and what reading means to you is up to you, so whether it's worthwhile or not is what i wait to hear from each reader.

and what's not helpful, since their job is in fact to be helpful, is i don't have a marketing team. i don't have a publisher. private passions wrote the book, then there's the biznes world, its jargon mostly unfamiliar to me, its words for other people's lives. my life, my words. recently Larry Angeles, which was a hit, and this is an 8.5x135pgx11inch Large Print book, i call it Automanifest for short, and it's the same but simply unlike your other books, this i can tell you.

it covers my life until age 21. page one:

example of two pages together (digital proof):

PTA reference:

because i wanted to make a page like this, it follows the narrative:

* amazon is doing me wrong in terms of transferring my cover to the site, represented by the difference between the photo i chose and the photo on their site, referring to font color and pixel distortion, which was the reason i switched from blue back to green, though anxiety related to this matter continues, but at any rate it'll arrive proper and in a gloss cover, since matte has the street cred but for reasons related to longterm preservation i dropped matte to drop its fingerprints, went gloss to stay slick forever (duh)

Garam

jenkins

it's not my life story, it's the feeling of my life. difference. thanks for general positivity, appreciate. reception from readers has been strongly favorable. i read it today and thought some things now and then, and i knew i would, but only now and then, and nothing that might kill me. i don't think it's very hard to like the book.

depending on my day and mood while reading it there's variance to the number of times i'll say i brought it, but i think on occasion i bring it, in ways which involve not letting the world tear me down, including during days when i tear myself down, i fight this world and myself, both through life and my writing, and sometimes i bring it.

smooches to everyone, animals are awesome, be nice to kids, thanks again for general positivity, i'll take it.

JG

did i ever tell you [sean] and michael are my first two names as well ?? as if the world could get any smaller

jenkins

nice. sometimes smaller feels better, is how i'm taking it. did you see BvS? i didn't, but names are important for feelings of closeness, i hear.

the most egregious error i see in the book is on the spine at my name: what happened to the edge of the first S font is some unfortunate technical mishap, and i spell my middle name Michaejl. since i made it i can only be mad at myself and since i'm not mad that's already over anyway. i might nip and tuck things in the future, but i don't spot a problem worth sweating.

jenkins

spam but i think you can let it pass. i think some of you might like this, i sure do. i confess i missed sharing this type of news here. it's the small things sometimes, all movie people know this.

QuoteSubstantive prose concerning tapestries of life within a 21st century which feels as if an absurd dream had upon a rocky boat during a stormy October night.

Fifteen short stories regarding the nature of being a butterfly, a cactus, a seed, a human and whatnot. Emphasis on the whatnot, with tinges of sci-fi and shades of the experimental.

The final note in a tremendous and productive year for Neon Burrito Publishing, from Los Angeles into the mind, forever.

click, buy, read, mutual benefit option

the final line about the final note is melodramatic, i confess. i sometimes openly daydream upon publishing through Neon Burrito until my days expire, although yes i do wonder as well about that business world out there.

shout out to dogs.

jenkins

if you think about it as fucking around, my 2016 was a lot of fucking around.

Baker's Dozen is the first 2017 Neon Burrito publication.

"what have you done this year?"
"finished a poetry book."

by jan 1. our initial stated purpose.

Baker's Dozen is our 11th publication. thirteen poems each, which number i selected, and Morgan selected the title which references the number, it's my favorite number.

i finished reading Morgan's Stuck In An Elevator Between the 12th & 14th Floors Of An Apartment On Rossmore, which book isn't for sale in physical form currently for some reason. i underlined and underlined some lines on some pages. my response is that it's rich in fantastic character substance, which is all i desire anyway, a pulse given words. i'll miss reading his book as all good books are missed, like all good vacations are missed if you know what i mean, and if you don't know what i mean i'm just fucking around really, solid book.

"worth it" is the Neon Burrito slogan. because of course it is?

without anyone asking us to, Morgan and i continue heading forward as writers. because: it's not that we live to write, it's that we write to live. i assure you that's the major reason. what's being cooked at Neon Burrito Publishing for 2017?

glad i asked myself that question, because i can mention we might indeed finish transcribing db's mom's journals, and that might indeed be titled Violent Letters, although db isn't sure he likes the title that's from a description he gave of her journals, which journals largely talk about a) db her son's alcoholism and his challenging music career, b) her liking to read and write, her dreaming of her words being read one day — we just have to build together at least 24 pages and give them some shape.

also in fact i may publish the next book from my own mother, who self-published a book, Waking Reality, in order to inspire me she said but she always says that as she does these new things of her own curious design, and these things are always fascinating and never quite successful, i call them all marvelous she's my mother, and automanifest is dedicated to her if you think about it, and if she indeed finished a new book i'll support her because that sounds like what i'd do.

now i'm currently mentioning: i want to write a book that'll imitate Horacio Castellanos Moya, okay, i just mentioned that because you look back at this style of writing and where it came from and how it grew within me and things like that and, well, i don't know who else gave me this but Castellanos Moya, whom i don't mention for any reason but because i mean seriously where else did it come from, She-Devil In The Mirror changed me, in terms of feelings, it altered my concept of how one might write, when i read it, i thought about that, how one might write, a literary version of feeling Almodovarian and okay, and i want to write an entire book in this form, which i believe will become one sentence, basically much like this sentence, yeah, this kind of writing is what i think i'll be up to, okay, for a book, at least one book, since i like the gravitational pull of a long sentence, so much, love it, the psychological value of a long, long thought, in fact Cosmic Robotics has a section of a short story written like this, yup, from back after i read Castellanos Moya's recent american release, although when i mention this form i realize what is risky, among many risks, so an example of what is risky is that sometimes when you mention an idea to a person the idea grows within their own thoughts, okay, within the head of the other person the idea takes a direction that might end up being a false direction, in terms of where the artist ends up heading, sure, sure, i might not write this book, or maybe i'll write this book another way, and artist is such a funny word i've recently realized, owing to John Waters yeah, but also i can't quite not admit that i'm not a writer so much as my own type of person, and here's what the cover to my next book which is going to be an autobiography (they call it the golden age of nonficiton, okay) about my 2017, during which year i plan to figure out how to become a sensible adult with a career that can sustain my literal future, and i might probably write the whole goddamn book like this, if i can commit myself to writing an entire book like this, and so the book cover currently looks like:

thinking about it.

Neon Burrito Publishing, "Established but not in The Establishment", Morgan put on the back of his yellow sweater he made online, inspiring me to make a t-shirt with all our book titles on it

thanks for letting me spend my time typing this. will i spend this long typing for Neon Burrito's fb page? i mean i doubt it. the aspects of this relatable here at xixax refer to the enterprise of living creatively, i believe. thanks again.

jenkins

simply, i'm immensely proud of him. we're hundred-percent DIY, and i feel ridiculous at times but he helps me never feel alone. that's Morgan at his Neon Burrito Pubishing booth at the The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market, which is dtown la at The Regent, 11-4.

so xixax is actually not the place i think would most care about this news, but you're sweeties to me when you are and thanks as always. more la news: Cosmic Robotics is available at Book Soup, which I just realized means both irl and url, Cosmic Robotics, Stuck In an Elevator Between the 12th & 14th Floors Of An Apartment Building on Rossmore, automanifest, and Everything Within are available at Skylight Books, they too also mean this in a url way, which kind of trips me out and technically the title of automanifest is deliberately lowercase like the entire book okay, ultimately that's hella chill because why wouldn't it be.

not mentioned is a bunch of tiny disappointments, since they're not quite what keeps one going, you know.

jenkins

thanks to polkablues for designing the cover. the photo is a link.

this is the 11th Neon Burrito publication. we're still inventing our own reasons for this being worthwhile. the novelette at the beginning, titled Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, is the furthest i've yet explored the idea of prose writing within the self-proclaimed golden age of creative nonfiction. it's as unleashed as i've let myself be. the writing i speak of during the novelette is included as two fragments. one fragment is a single-sentence that's as long as the opening novelette. it's the furthest expression of anxiety i've performed within prose form. the other fragment is the beginning of the bizarro fiction novel i began writing, which was intended to be historical fiction about Mary, mother of Jesus. the final adult-kids' book we made because of passions and plans, and the plans didn't materialize but the passion remained.

i genuinely recommend my own book.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

I bought it with Amazon.fr but it says there is no stock. I received Larry Angeles within two days.

EDIT: Nevermind. Amazon sent me a mail, I'm receiving it in July.
Ascension.

N

I haven't actually finished Larry Angeles yet :(

I read like a quarter and then I forgot about it (nothing to do with the book's contents, I do that with nearly every book, even my textbooks for university)
Need to have another go at it. It just ended up in a box with the 50 other books I bought with every intention of reading. Would this book be classified as bizarro?

Congrats and best wishes anyway!