Alexander

Started by MacGuffin, May 25, 2004, 07:58:59 PM

Ravi

Didn't know they had collagen injections and breast implants back then.

matt35mm

No, Alexander's breasts were natural.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: cronopioMan , I hope this movie doesn't contains the following scenes, in the order in which i'm writing them:

* a prologue written (in cepia and , judging by the poster, a yellow font) explaining the synopsis Mac posted up there, or how the campaings of Alexander have been succesful 'till this day while a score with a female singer howling plays.

*a rough 20 minute battle scene which shows us how powerful our main character is.

*a brief celebration of said battle, where the moral disturbances of our hero are raised.

* the comeback of our hero to his homeland where he is greeted by the people and his family.

* an encounter with an old lover.

* you get the idea.

that sounds exactly how I think this movie will be...

Pwaybloe

Nah, but I wouldn't expect it to be your typical Oliver Stone movie.

But, y'know, what do I know.  All I've seen is a consumer-friendly trailer.

Does anyone think this will turn out to be Stone's "Gangs of New York?"

RegularKarate

well, unsurprisingly, this looks boring.

I figured this movie would suck... hard to tell from a trailer, I know, but based on the fact that Stone is washed up and that most people in this movie can hardly act...

the only thing that kept me awake was the promise of an elephant vs. horse battle.

El Duderino

Quote from: cronopio

* a prologue written (in cepia and , judging by the poster, a yellow font) explaining the synopsis Mac posted up there, or how the campaings of Alexander have been succesful 'till this day while a score with a female singer howling plays.

with a map of what is now europe in the background no less.

yeah....this could be either really bad or really good.....leaning towards really bad, even though i love Oliver Stone and Colin Farrel....it just seems boring, judging by the teaser.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ghostboy

Quote from: El Duderinojudging by the teaser.

We're all guilty of that way too frequently.

Pubrick

don't say We, or All.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

True, true -- but you're guilty of judging films in advance without having seen the teaser.

Pubrick

haha well played. the thing is i don't let my pre-judgments get in the way of my viewing experience. the way that ppl expect a certain movie from the trailers and then are disappointed (and surprised like dumbasses) that the film (eg. Garden State aka Symmetry 101) is lamer than the trailer.

all my presumptions are based on the talent involved, their recent history, the material (premise only).. not how sum marketing jerk thought of selling the product.
under the paving stones.

meatball

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: RegularKaratethe only thing that kept me awake was the promise of an elephant vs. horse battle.
But didn't we see this already in RotK?

But I somehow think the elephant wins, hands down (so to speak).
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

©brad

prediction: this will rock all of our asses, in a way troy and gangs and every other tired epic didn't.

just my opinion.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©bradprediction: this will rock all of our asses, in a way troy and gangs and every other tired epic didn't.

just my opinion.

Prediction:  Soon Cbrad will be institutionalized because he has lost his friggin mind.