Drenk

The news are:

—new music! in progress, at least.

—her dog will break her back.

—Parents Teacher Association.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Drenk

The new album is named Fetch the Bolt Cutters.

Great profile here: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/03/23/fiona-apples-art-of-radical-sensitivity

(...where PTA is called out as an abusive prick during his relationship with Apple.)
Ascension.

Drenk

The album is out April 17th. I cried. Other artists are postponing their releases, but Fiona Apple fought her label to release Fetch the Bolt Cutters as soon as possible because we all need the record right now—we do, we do, we do.

Ascension.

Alma

Drenk

Ascension.

Drenk

She's one of the greatests. Her rawest record. The second song could have been sang by Nick Cave. Vicious. Playful...
Ascension.

Alma

This album is unreal. How does she do it. Pitchfork gave it a perfect 10 - I'd recommend reading the review cause it's beautifully written https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters/.

Alethia

Gonna take a nice long walk later in my finest mask and rubber gloves and listen to it in full.

Robyn

Quote from: Alma on April 17, 2020, 02:13:30 AM
This album is unreal. How does she do it. Pitchfork gave it a perfect 10 - I'd recommend reading the review cause it's beautifully written https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters/.

what the hell is going on? 4.17 average rating on rym too.

I mean, I like her too but I never expected her to release a album that would become this critical acclaimed. I'll listen to it later as well

Neil

This album is so fantastic, and I'm sure any criticism it receives is just a regurgitation of what's already been said about her work/her, and I'm really not trying to hear it from anyone about "fetch the boltcutters."  This is every bit as good as Extraordinary Machine.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Robyn

jesus, this album is filled with a lot of " oh wow this is good"-moments, isn't it? i mean i'm just three songs in, but in that time i went from getting shivers and tearing up to the opening lines to smiling like a fool through the third song

Something Spanish

had a great time listening to this album at 3am while smoking about 3 bowls to calm the ol' nerves. good times. seriously, this is instantly likable. her last one had to grow on me, this one i love every track upon first listen. i've been listening to her last three albums nonstop ever since that nyer article dropped recently.

Drenk

My only issue with the album is that the Idler Wheel, one of the best albums of all time, is better. (And I'm not sure that Drumset needed to be included at the end of the record, not just before On I Go, another repetitive song.)

I'm delighted by the hype train. Feels good.
Ascension.