Neverwhere on DVD

Started by Find Your Magali, September 08, 2003, 04:10:44 PM

Find Your Magali

Did y'all notice that "Neverwhere," Neil Gaiman's 1996 BBC mini-series, is coming out on DVD tomorrow?

I saw a subpar VHS edition of this about three years ago, and it was quite fun and engrossing. Some of the production values are what we might call "Dr. Who" level, but the story and (most of) the acting lets you suspend your disbelief. Croup and Vandemar are two of the more entertaining villains I've ever seen.

Anyway, this looks like a great pickup for DVD. There's a full-length Gaiman commentary and some other extras.

Has anyone else seen it?

ShanghaiOrange

Shit. :(

I've never seen this but I will buy it just to here Neil Giaman speak. Best fantasy writer in a long time. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeShit. :(

I've never seen this but I will buy it just to here Neil Giaman speak. Best fantasy writer in a long time. :(

I've only read the "Neverwhere" novelization, "Stardust" and "Smoke and Mirrors" (short stories) ... I keep meaning to crack open "American Gods," but need some free time so that I'll be able to read more than five pages per night before drifting off, which is no way to read a novel.

ShanghaiOrange

Read "The Sandman" comics. They are the best juxtaposition of text and pictures ever. :( American Gods is really good too.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***