Green Blob on PDL DVD?

Started by BrainSushi, June 24, 2003, 09:22:55 PM

BrainSushi

Has anybody noticed a green blob appearing in the upper right corner of the letterbox on their copy of PDL during some scenes (particularly over white backgrounds)? Or is my DVD/Playstation 2/TV just fucked up?

sphinx

what do you mean 'blob'?  i suggest checking the cleanliness of the data side of the disc, and wipe it with a soft cloth.  if the greenness appears in blocks, it's usually as a result of artifacts caused by fingerprints/scratching.  i doubt that it's a problem with the transfer because of all the professional reviews i've read, nobody has mentioned it.  perhaps you can provide more detail

BrainSushi

By blob I mean, just a bloch of green color where, but I'm noticing it's appearing usually over white backgrounds, like, with bright sun shining in that particular part of the frame.

Thank you for the  tip. I'll give that a try.

Cecil

i think i know what that is, its your tv. im not sure what causes it exactly, i think it has something to do with static. anyway, try the "reset" button on your set if you have one. if not youll probably have to bring your tv in for repair.

BrainSushi

I just put the movie in my parents' DVD player, which is a real DVD player as opposed to my Playstation 2, and the blob was not there, so...

is anybody with a Playstation 2 experiencing this green blob problem?

Cecil

try other dvds, or even some ps2 games. if the green blotch appears in the white areas of the films on others discs as well, its your tv

bonanzataz

i had a purple blotch one time on my tv screen that only showed up in one corner and was very noticable when there was a white background on screen. i'm pretty sure it's your tv.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

oh, i know what you mean.  it's probably as a result of someone putting something magnetic close to your tv for an extended period of time.  some newer televisions can 'degauss' themselves, but you'll probably need it to be repaired