The Directors Label DVDs

Started by KingBlackDeath, November 02, 2003, 07:00:11 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: chuckhimselfothese dvd's are fantastic.  i feel so proud of owning them.  do you also feel proud of owning them?
i feel proud of seeing all the videos on the dvds before they even planned to make a collection and start the cunningham bandwagon. i also feel proud of leading said bandwagon.
under the paving stones.

SmellyBoobFungus

Quote from: P
Quote from: chuckhimselfothese dvd's are fantastic.  i feel so proud of owning them.  do you also feel proud of owning them?
i feel proud of seeing all the videos on the dvds before they even planned to make a collection and start the cunningham bandwagon. i also feel proud of leading said bandwagon.

P you really inspire me, you really do.   :wink:

"I'm fucking starving!"
-David Cross (Gondry DVD)
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: analogzombiebtw Amazon.com has all three in a set for like $36
Yes, right here...

After Netflixing them, I'm finally going to buy the set. No one has an excuse not to buy this... $35 is really worth it.

It's just too bad the Gondry disc is missing two crucial Radiohead videos: There There and Karma Police.

mogwai

i love the story björk tells when she and spike jonze met for the first time. classic.

I like Michel Gondry's stories and interviews, he gives his dad a lot of importance.
context, context, context.

BonBon85

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIt's just too bad the Gondry disc is missing two crucial Radiohead videos: There There and Karma Police.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Knives Out too (especially since it's shown in the preview), but I think There There was directed by Chris Hopewell.

Didn't Chris Hopewell directed There There? Gondry directed Knives Out.

Edit: And Jonathan Glazer directed Karma Police...
 but this is xixax, so all this could be sarcasm.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cronopioDidn't Chris Hopewell directed There There? Gondry directed Knives Out.

Edit: And Jonathan Glazer directed Karma Police...
 but this is xixax, so all this could be sarcasm.
My mistake. I was positive he directed There There, though, because of the stunning similarities to Human Behavior.

I read a tiny interview with Chris Hopewell where he talked about how nervous he was of directing There There, because of all Radiohead previous videos. Kinda like with Chris Cunningham and Björk.

NEON MERCURY

....i recently bought the cunningham set....and i am glad i did ....his sh*t is dark but very cool....remeinds me if david lynch/bunuel/aronofsky had a kid together it would be cunningham....his images phucked me up....so he's cool...that flex sh*t is my fav. next to the AT vids....

Raikus

I LOVE these things. They're like digital crack. I have the Gondry and Jonze ones and I'm going to pick up the Cunningham this weekend. Gondry is by far my favorite and it's just completely breaktaking to see the ideas, set production and execution of his work. Jonze is very loose and "idot savant" style to his stuff. His execution is no where near that of Gondry's but it's the way he comes up with the ideas that make if fascinating.

Also, if you've yet to purchase any of the three, go to Amazon. They're only $34.87 for the set.

And I'm getting more and more convinced the search function is fake.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: RaikusAnd I'm getting more and more convinced the search function is fake.
the problem everyone has is they don't click "SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS" do that, and type in Director Label. tell me that doesn't work. and if u wanna get really wacky, specify to search only in forum DVD TALK.

i'm getting more and more convinced i'm the only person who has ever used the internet.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

I don't know what the hell I did the first time. I searched for "Works of Director" first with All Terms and just got a jumble of results. Now, however, it's the first one. I must have typoed or something.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Born Under Punches

Quote from: GhostboyWorst possible scenario (or one of them, at least: a David Meyers collection. Errggghhh.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Pubricki'm getting more and more convinced i'm the only person who has ever used the internet.

Holy cow! Al Gore posts here!!  :wink: