Bowling for Columbine DVD

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 12, 2003, 10:12:08 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: DirkHas anyone seen the Awful Truth? I'm intrigued by it and was wondering if it's worth it. I like both of his films and both of his books, if that's any help.

If you like his stuff, you'll like Awful Truth. It wasn't as great as TV Nation, but still worth checking out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

and this fat fuck over here, i hope his heart expoldes before his next pointless film that no one will watch comes out, he is timimg it for the election

what a whore, a money loving whore and you guys are saps to think other wise

ever see him hang out at small indie bookstores and sign ? i mean reeal small ones the ones that could go under next week because they have the balls to ship in deep magzines that most people wont buy , stuff like mojo

which i know borders carrys, but they can afford it some cant

Cecil

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesbefore his next pointless film that no one will watch comes out

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dirk

Quote from: Cecil B. Demented
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesbefore his next pointless film that no one will watch comes out

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, huh?  :?:  :yabbse-huh:

EDIT - I believe Roger and Me was the highest grossing documentary ever. Dunno about Columbine though
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

cine

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesand this fat fuck over here, i hope his heart expoldes before his next pointless film that no one will watch comes out, he is timimg it for the election

ever see him hang out at small indie bookstores and sign ? i mean reeal small ones the ones that could go under next week because they have the balls to ship in deep magzines that most people wont buy , stuff like mojo

... What the fuck are you talking about...  Moore is a top filmmaker now. By that I mean his BfC SOARED passed all other docs in the box office category. Case in point: if the man wants to be a 'money loving whore' and release his stronger left-sided doc for the elections to show anti-Bush propaganda, then he can do it if he fucking feels like it I guess. Now more than ever he can have a "I'll do it if I want because I'm Michael fucking Moore" attitude.  And you're complaining that what? No one will watch his next movie (thats virtually impossible based on that little record breaker with BfC) and he doesn't go to 'small indie bookstores'. I was making a new big movie for 2004, I don't think I'd have *too much* time for those little bookstores. Furthermore, what the fuck would he be going there for? Next you'll be asking him to cure cancer.

Jeremy Blackman

The DVD is great.

One of the greatest moments of the special features is when David Lynch announces the special jury prize and starts crying. I was about to cry too, seeing Michael Moore, David Lynch, and Naomi Watts in the same room.

The return to Littleton, Colorado was amazing. It has to be the most gutwrenching, emotional stuff I've seen on a supplemental DVD.

I thought his personal message about the Oscar speech was good, but a little awkward. He works better in front of an audience.

Myxo

Great DVD. The second disc is unsettling at times. I think the film stands up really well without all the extra heavy speeches he includes on the bonus disc. The entire second disc is basically his "anti-Bush" platform.

Did anyone else notice that the "Charlie Rose" interview is only 30 minutes long? All the other DVDs I own with Charlie Rose segments are a full hour.

Tarantino..
Donnie Darko.. etc etc..

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThe return to Littleton, Colorado was amazing. It has to be the most gutwrenching, emotional stuff I've seen on a supplemental DVD.

What an incredible moment when the Columbine student breaks down in front of Moore at his book signing. She had me crying.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOne of the greatest moments of the special features is when David Lynch announces the special jury prize and starts crying. I was about to cry too, seeing Michael Moore, David Lynch, and Naomi Watts in the same room.

My God, how radiant did she look that night?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: Cecil B. Demented

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, huh?  :?:  :yabbse-huh:

EDIT - I believe Roger and Me was the highest grossing documentary ever. Dunno about Columbine though

highest grossing documentary is like being the president of bulgaria , your the president but its fucking bulgaria

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesand this fat fuck over here, i hope his heart expoldes before his next pointless film that no one will watch comes out, he is timimg it for the election

he doesn't go to 'small indie bookstores'. I was making a new big movie for 2004, I don't think I'd have *too much* time for those little bookstores. quote]

first of all bfc, didnt make vin diesal money so lets get some prespective here

and if his name is as strong as he says it is why not help small book stores, his name should be enough to bring people in

if prince played shithole bar i would go just based on rep

moore says he fights for the litte man, ok i will resist the urge to make a fat joke here

but you know what always made me iffy on him in roger and me he kept in that anti jew joke from bob eubanks , not because it had anything to do with the point of the movie, he kept it in to win points at the studio, so that is a weasel move

eubanks joke was dumb and he is a asshole and he deserved to be exposed as a anti semite, but the way moore did it was shaddy

after seeing that , i started to lose respect for him and it went down hill ever since

he said he never met a dumb black person in his life ??? there is dumb people of all colors , how can he say that

what he really was saying is that he doesnt really know any black people, and by know i mean good friends , with the guy or girl and their family

lets just say that mike moore has one good black friend, is that enough to say that all black people are not dumb ???

Anachronism

Ok, well I can almost guarantee you that "The Village Idiot" (yes you Alguien) has not viewed this brilliant piece of political artistry. I am so utterly sick of you blind nationalistic assholes who stand behind your countries fuckups like they were godheads. The honest to God truth; Bowling for Columbine was one of the most poignant and puissant documentaries I have ever seen. It is gritty because it confronts the beast from the inside and cries out amongst the roar of apathy. You who curse Michael for his outspoken views, the balls of that man to openly denounce your countries president in a country where anti-patriotic sentiment is tantamount to gay marital status. I pity those amongst you who cannot remove the blinders that Pavlov's practitioners have draped blatantly across your eyes. WAKE THE FUCK UP. Swallow your blind faith in your countrymen and ideals and actually evaluate the world on your own principles and beliefs, not some bullshit rhetoric which was force fed to you since birth.

IHeartPTA

yay Anachronism
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

MacGuffin

The "Roger & Me" commentary track is excellent. It's too bad Moore didn't do one for "Columbine". He says "Columbine" speaks for itself, but you would think he would still have a lot more to say, and expand more on what was cut out.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: Anachronismblah blha blah .

these idiots are interchangeable, at least my posts are original and have something to say

ive said it before and i will say it again go to any starbucks find a fat girl behind the counter and she will spout out the same propaganda this douchebag is saying

this guy is a fucking cliche,i had him figured out with in two posts

he will be fun for me to bitch slap around , you love to put down america and i love europe just came back from there my whole family is from there but whatever country you are from i hope their is a outbreak of SARS of the asshole.

Anachronism

The irony of your posts astounds me. What you do is manage to escape the culpability for actually understanding the issue by attacking the individual who is presenting an opinion on it instead. In fact I would hazard a guess you try to read the posts, but realize that the amount of effort required far exceeds the amount of time it would take you to "copy + paste" their entire quote, then make some obscure reference to it in a snide manner and feel that you have adequately defended your position.

What is too funny is that while you have labeled me "cliche" and have decided that you know who I am, what I am, and where I come from. The real truth is you haven't even engaged in a real discussion with me yet. You simply regurgitate whatever text I have used and insult me, hoping desperately for one of your yes men to come to your defense. While everyone else seems to present a cogent opinion on the matters discussed in any one of these threads, you take off on tangents that somehow correlate to your mean level of education and experience. You try to quote bizarre references and idols and then claim you are a misunderstood genius when people say they don't understand you.

Well you are not misunderstood because there is nothing to understand. Your posts, your comments, your dissection of myself and others is hollow and empty. It is meaningless jibberish you have erected as a defense or a distraction from the real truth: You are not able to converse and make adequate syntheses of the topics at hand, and thus as a means of attention grabbing and misdirection you infuriate those involved in an otherwise friendly discourse hoping that through blinding them with anger you will avoid dealing with the actual topic at hand. You are the entropic force that is rotting America from the inside out. You are the illiterate book burner who claims literature is perverting the minds of our youth. You are the closet homosexual redneck who's own sexuality has been so badly repressed from decades of gender indoctrination that you rally against gay marriage and go gay bashing with your equally neanderthalic frat brothers (oh wait, not even a frat would take you because you are a social pariah). So you know what Alguien? I rarely resort to base name calling, but F U C K Y O U. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else has to say regarding this, but you know, and I know.

We both know that you are full of shit. We both know you have a barely passing acquaintance with literacy. We both know you desperately wish to be accepted and cool like the predominant wave in entertainment which has manifested itself in the "cool" neo-black culture. We both know you are a sexually deprived, sexually frustrated, sexually confused child. We both know your life presents few if any possibilities for you to lead "the good life." And finally, we both know that you do not know fuck all about Film, Film making, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Acting (well perhaps I will give you this one caveat) or Producing. So here is my one big question; Considering you bring ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY nothing, and I do mean nothing, of value to the table. Why are you still here? Do you subconsciously resent those of us who actually are in the industry or who will be soon? Do you wish you had our intellect, our abilities, our creative drive? Are you frustrated by this jealousy? Does it justify your incessant bashing of everyone and everything? I would have to go with yes.

You are a waste of space, you are a waste of virtual space, the words you type are a waste of web space. The quicker you reach maturation and realize that this isn't the playground anymore, and that you can't get us to pay attention to you or accept you by taking away our toys or by taunting/bullying/abusing us, the quicker you can begin the process of learning the life lessons that you so badly lack. The life lessons that the rest of us have learnt long ago when we shrugged off our juvenile coils.

You are a pitiful excuse for a human being. I will not be posting in response to you, or your textual vomit again.