nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

mogwai

the fragile songs are marked in bold text. i don't think the intro track is played by the band.

Pilgrimage (intro)
Mr. Self Destruct
Sin
Terrible Lie
The Line Begins to Blur
March of the Pigs
The Frail
The Wretched

Closer
The Big Come Down
Burn
Gave Up
Eraser
Right Where it Belongs
Beside You in Time
With Teeth
Wish
Only
Every Day is Exactly the Same
The Day the World Went Away
Even Deeper

Suck
Hurt (partial)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

He rocked the hell out of the Day The World Went Away, too.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I just completed a pretty cool remix of Only, if anyone wants to hear it I can send it to them.  I don't know how to host it so that anyone could get it without me sending it to them, though.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Monsters Of Goth: Nine Inch Nails, Bauhaus Uniting For Summer Tour
Trent Reznor's band wraps its current run April 1, launches a 31-date trek May 26.

Trent Reznor and his Nine Inch Nails spent the better part of 2005 on the road, logging miles and racking up sales for the band's 2005 LP, With Teeth — which has sold more than 904,000 copies to date. With a 31-date run set to kick off

in May, 2006 is shaping up to be another busy year on the road for the band. While Reznor is planning to take a two-month respite when the band's current trek with opener Saul Williams winds down April 1 in Las Vegas, Nine Inch Nails are looking at another busy summer. The Nails will kick off their next tour on May 26 in George, Washington, when they close out the first night of this year's Sasquatch Music Festival. The arena tour is scheduled to conclude on July 8 in Mountain View, California.

For this next road trip, Nine Inch Nails have called on two acts to fill the opening slots: U.K. gloom merchants Bauhaus will take the stage for the entire tour, just before NIN's set, and the first 14 dates of the tour will also feature TV on the Radio. The band has yet to book a second opener for the latter half of the trek, which begins June 16 in Holmdel, New Jersey.

In the meantime, Nine Inch Nail's single for "Every Day Is Exactly the Same," out April 4, will feature remixes of the track — the third released from With Teeth — as well as reworkings of "The Hand That Feeds" and "Only."

Nine Inch Nails tour dates, according to the band's label:

5/26 - George, WA @ The Gorge Amphitheatre
5/27 - Ridgefield, WA @ Amphitheater at Clark County
5/28 - Nampa, ID @ Idaho Center
5/30 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
5/31 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
6/2 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
6/3 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
6/4 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
6/6 - Birmingham, AL @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
6/7 - Atlanta, GA @ Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre
6/9 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion
6/10 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
6/11 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
6/13 - Washington, DC @ Nissan Pavilion
6/14 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
6/16 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
6/17 - Wantagh, NY @ Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Theater
6/18 - Saratoga, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
6/20 - Hartford, CT @ New England Dodge Music Center
6/21 - Portland, ME @ Cumberland County Civic Center
6/23 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
6/24 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheater
6/25 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
6/27 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Theater
6/28 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheater
6/30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion
7/1 - Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
7/2 - Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheater
7/3 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
7/7 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
7/8 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Los Angeles radio station KROQ recently had a breakfast concert with NIN:

http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/breakfast/index.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

what's the deal with all radio presenters acting over hyperactive? and why do they ask so stupid questions? like the one about marilyn manson?

i iike the bit when trent says: "real questions from real people!".

MacGuffin

NIN Live
Concert Review: At their Long Island show, Trent Reznor and his band bang out bleak obscurities for their cultish fans, says Ryan Dombal

Nine Inch Nails
June 17, 2006
Jones Beach Theater

Writhing behind enormous metal grates, Nine Inch Nails looked like convicts in a gothic prison as they crept through opener ''Somewhat Damaged'' at their recent Long Island show. It seems as if head Nail Trent Reznor has been trapped inside the same industrial-metal complex for years, though the struggle isn't so much about getting out of the miserable jail as it is finding fresh ways to express such nihilistic hopelessness. As the song's escalating power chords smashed down, Reznor's spiked mantra, ''Too f---ed up to care anymore,'' was met with raised fists and fervor. But as the brutally intense performance barreled on, it became increasingly clear that Reznor does indeed care — about his audience, about his fractured art, and, just maybe, about himself.

At age 41, the singer looks in better shape than ever, resembling a hulking football player rather than the pale outcast protoype of years past. The added muscle mass — along with a newly sheared dome — made his performance all the more forceful. When he jumped to accent a particularly brash downbeat, it seemed as if his entire body would rip straight through the stage upon descent. And when he threw his guitar at least 10 feet in the air at the concert's conclusion, it looked as if he did so with no more than a flick of the wrist. Armed with one of rock's most potent depths-of-hell screams, Reznor put his improved physique to work with a 24-song set that focused on Nine Inch Nails' most abrasive material; only three songs each were played from his newest and his most popular albums (2005's With Teeth and 1994's The Downward Spiral, respectively); the majority of the set was culled from his infinitely bleak 1999 double-CD The Fragile, along with highlights from early records Pretty Hate Machine and Broken.

The setlist choices proved that Reznor is in tune with his fanbase, which, at this point, is a relatively large cult of late 20- and 30-something diehards who will eat up such obscure tunes. So, while ''Hurt'' and recent rock hit ''The Hand That Feeds'' were given their due, a spastic cover of Queen's ''Get Down, Make Love'' and the quaint (really) instrumental ''La Mer'' from The Fragile got strong cheers.

Lighting and stage design can be taken for granted at shows that don't involve Madonna or U2, but the brilliant strobes and innovative LED animations thoroughly enhanced the group's performance without disrupting it. The black-clad quintet was backlit during much of the show, putting them in perfect silhouette against backdrops resembling molecules of blood and convulsive static. And though the aforementioned metal grates sometimes stood between the band and the fans, it didn't widen the distance as much as it centralized the riotous energy onstage.

At one point, Reznor took a rare breather between songs to make a confession to his loyal followers. ''Five years ago I was almost dead and I wanted to be dead,'' he said before acknowledging his recent recovery from depression. It was a genuinely tender moment. Immediately after, he hurled into ''Suck,'' yet another tortured lock-step metal diatribe with the chorus, ''How does it feel?'' On this night, Reznor found an answer to that query by focusing on the exact moment when pain becomes release, exploding that feeling into something therapeutic and joyful.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails Sued Over Microphone Stand Allegedly Thrown At Fall Concert
Security guard claims he was 'intentionally, violently' attacked by guitarist Aaron North.  
Source: MTV 

A security guard who claims he was knocked unconscious by Nine Inch Nails guitarist Aaron North's microphone stand at a Madison, Wisconsin, concert last fall filed a lawsuit against the group.

The suit, which alleges negligence and assault and battery, was filed in Wisconsin's Circuit Court on June 28 and seeks a trial by jury as well as unspecified punitive and compensatory damages for the guard's "past and future pain and suffering." The guard, Mark LaVoie, claims in the filing that on October 13, he was standing in front of Alliant Energy Center's stage with his back turned to the band. The suit alleges that North, a former member of the Icarus Line, launched his mic stand through the air, coming down hard on LaVoie's head.

Nine Inch Nails' label, Interscope Records, could not be reached for comment.

According to the suit, which also specifically names North as a defendant, the blow knocked LaVoie unconscious. He fell to the floor, the suit read, "and was bleeding from a large laceration on the top of his head." LaVoie was treated at a nearby hospital.

Court papers suggest North "intentionally, violently and without just cause or provocation ... attacked and assaulted [LaVoie] when he threw the microphone stand into the audience, striking [him] on the head and causing him serious pain and permanent injury." North, the suit contends, should have realized tossing the stand into the crowd would wind up hurting someone.

Nine Inch Nails, according to the suit, are liable for LaVoie's injuries, in part, because the band continues "to employ [North] when Nine Inch Nails knew or should have known that [North] had a history of violent, assaultive and criminal behavior."

By permitting North to perform at the show, the band, the suit read, "knew or should have known that such permission would probably result in injury to [LaVoie]." In addition, the suit claims the band failed to properly supervise the guitarist, "so as to prevent him from causing serious bodily injury to innocent third persons."

LaVoie is also seeking compensation for his medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future income he might lose because of his injuries. The suit cites a 2002 incident in which North stole "Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar ... by smashing the protective case with a microphone stand" at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas. It also claims that, during a concert back in 2004 with the Icarus Line, North "physically beat and inflicted bodily injury on a fan who was in attendance" and that these two incidents indicate "an intentional disregard of [LaVoie's] rights."

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 28, 2006, 01:06:00 AM
NIN Live
Concert Review: At their Long Island show, Trent Reznor and his band bang out bleak obscurities for their cultish fans, says Ryan Dombal

fuck that's so annoying. the reason i didn't buy tickets to any of the new shows was b/c i thought it was gonna be the same old shit he's been doing this whole tour. now i find out he's doing all the cool shit. WHAT THE FUCK! i was pissed when i read that. dammit.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: bonanzataz on July 13, 2006, 11:40:51 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on June 28, 2006, 01:06:00 AM
NIN Live

fuck that's so annoying. the reason i didn't buy tickets to any of the new shows was b/c i thought it was gonna be the same old shit he's been doing this whole tour. now i find out he's doing all the cool shit. WHAT THE FUCK! i was pissed when i read that. dammit.

I was supposed to be at that show but I gave my ticket to a friend of mine in favor of visiting my dad in Miami that weekend (Father's Day).  When my friend texted me that they were doing Get Down Make Love, Suck, and I think they did Dead Souls too, which I never heard live, I wanted to cry.

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails will be releasing a high-definition live DVD early next year titled "Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You in Time." A teaser for the effort has been posted to the band's Web site. The DVD will feature live footage captured during Nine Inch Nails' 2006 trek.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails DVD Due
Three formats coming for the band's concert doc.

On February 27, 2007, Interscope Records will release Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time - Live on DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray. The concert DVD will be the first live music feature to be released simultaneously on DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray formats, and will feature tons of bonus materials and extra features.

The Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time - Live DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

24 songs, spanning NIN's entire career
"The Collector" (Live Rehearsal 2005)
"Every Day Is Exactly The Same" (Live Rehearsal 2005)
"Love Is Not Enough" (Live Rehearsal 2005)
"The Hand That Feeds" (Music Video)
"Only" (Music Video)

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Sneak Peek: NIN's Latest

February 6, 2007

Spin's got the early scoop on the upcoming NIN album, which is possibly called Year Zero (released on april 17).

While many details have yet to be confirmed about the forthcoming Nine Inch Nails album, the first since 2005's With Teeth, its title may turn out to be Year Zero, or so one can glean from a new URL on NIN's website: http://yearzero.nin.com.

Spin editors recently had the opportunity to preview a few tracks from the album. "It's a more compact, immediate Trent," said Spin assistant editor Kyle Anderson after the listening session. "It's probably the most minimalist Nine Inch Nails has ever been. Conversely, Trent's getting outside of himself lyrically -- it's a real state-of-the-union message wrapped in a sci-fi concept album about a totalitarian government in the not-too-distant future."

RegularKarate

so soon?  more minimalist?  Doesn't he understand that he needs to lock himself up for another five years and find one more really good album instead of just giving up and recording a simple version of whatever crappy song comes out of him while he's humming in the shower?