Goodbye ptanderson.com

Started by MacGuffin, May 26, 2005, 05:07:43 PM

bluejaytwist

there are many factors that need to be accomplished before it returns, they are slowly being conquered one-by-one.

the site is also being overhauled/re-designed. apologies for the delay, but there is a certain quality level that needs to exist before it is reborn.

design is nearly finished, content is being transferred shortly, then implimenting content into new design, then publish/rebirth....

it will be a short time still, but worth the wait (i assume)

CJW
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

modage

so if greg's not running the show, then who is?

and why greg's sudden departure?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

i talked to him. he didnt want to do it anymore, and he wanted to make some money from the domain names and stuff... i have a team of programmers and designers, and writers, so i could have brought the site back up in a day, but he was very determined to get some cash of it first

so either this guy paid or he's lying

sickfins

Quote from: andito dynamiteso either this guy paid or he's lying

play nice, sir
if everything goes according to the current plans, the site will be taken over by two people who have been around it closest and longest

there is a lot of content that is sprawled and unorganized, and on top of that the entire site existed only in html and used no scripting at the request of its owner, which is incredibly impractical when you're looking at hundreds of articles and inteviews.  please be patient, be assured that it is transferring into good hands, and hopefully you can trust the people who have been helping it along since the beginning.

Pubrick

i could tell u why this is all happening, but u'd never believe me..
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: sickfins
Quote from: andito dynamiteso either this guy paid or he's lying

play nice, sir
if everything goes according to the current plans, the site will be taken over by two people who have been around it closest and longest

there is a lot of content that is sprawled and unorganized, and on top of that the entire site existed only in html and used no scripting at the request of its owner, which is incredibly impractical when you're looking at hundreds of articles and inteviews.  please be patient, be assured that it is transferring into good hands, and hopefully you can trust the people who have been helping it along since the beginning.

didnt mean it in a bad way... i was just giving my opinion from the info i had... great if it really happens

i knew it was disorganized and it was a lot of work, thats why i offered my staff to work on it.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pubricki could tell u why this is all happening, but u'd never believe me..
Why do you say that?...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ultrahip

bluejaytwist

Quote from: themodernage02so if greg's not running the show, then who is?

that would be myself.
i am the "cj" part of the "thanks, greg & cj"
i've been with the site for nearly as long as greg has.
ive met paul several times.
i/we are in good standing with The Team

as sickkk says, there is alot to be done....
we are working as fast as we can
my impending trip to new yakkk for 7 days will halt production somewhat
but my worthy co-sitemate will stay on the ball
as only he can...

it has taken awhile, but myself and the new team are trying to take what was already great about the old site and make it easier to use, more graphically pleasing and all sorts of other good things...
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

MacGuffin

Quote from: Back one page, bluejaytwistthe final i and t's are being crossed...

so close we can taste it...

Tease.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: bluejaytwistit has taken awhile, but myself and the new team are trying to take what was already great about the old site and make it easier to use, more graphically pleasing and all sorts of other good things...
my only request is that u link us and don't add a message board.
under the paving stones.

Kal

I guess thats a given... a new message board would be stupid... especially since most members of xixax came from there and most are also interested in other topics besides PTA

Bethie

who likes movies anyway