NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Quote from: Pas on March 17, 2011, 04:40:06 PM
Also 162 games is ridiculous.

Even 82 for hockey is insane.

The only manageable sport on a game console is football really.

No way. NBA 2K11 is awesome. Best sports game I've ever played. My Player FTW!

Also I'm having a lot of fun with Fight Night Champion too. Boxing works well on game consoles. None of you nerds will step to me. None of you.

Baseball and Football are the two sports games I've actually never liked playing.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on May 19, 2010, 02:33:03 AM
Who's playing Red Dead Redemption? This game is awesome.

finally got this for my birfday. nice knowing you guys. looking forward to reading your guyses dusty old posts in regards to it along the way.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

Anybody play the new Mortal Kombat demo? It's classic MK, with updated graphics, and the gameplay is perfect: vintage arcade/SEGA Genesis. There's only 4 characters in the demo, but my roommate and i were murdering each other for a good hour+.
All the great characters are back (with some not so great...), and from the look of things, they've redesigned the all old stages (Pit, Acid, Woods with creepy tree-faces, etc) with the stage fatalities. The Might challenges are making a return, too.

I'm really excited about multiplayer.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

My 360 is THIS close to giving out.  :yabbse-undecided: Won't read discs. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy another one. I'm hoping I can get it going on a good stretch where it works so I can trade it into gamestop and get some cash for it before it becomes a complete brick.

It's like losing a family member.  :yabbse-angry:

Reinhold

Quote from: Stefen on March 28, 2011, 08:26:32 PM
My 360 is THIS close to giving out.  :yabbse-undecided: Won't read discs. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy another one. I'm hoping I can get it going on a good stretch where it works so I can trade it into gamestop and get some cash for it before it becomes a complete brick.

It's like losing a family member.  :yabbse-angry:

just pawn it. you might get more for it than at gamestop. i've done that with a few family members and it's worked out well.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

That's a good idea, too. I'll look into it. Only thing is I don't want to dick someone over by trading in a console that's pretty close to never working again. At least if I trade it to Gamestop they send it in to be checked out before they put it out for sale.

Pas

DON'T do that. Geez! what an asshole thing to do, Reinhold! It's not because you use a middle man that you are not actually selling a broken Xbox to an excited kid.

Gamestop will have a waranty and shit, you're not completely fucking the kid over. Just a bit.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas on March 29, 2011, 08:05:55 PM
DON'T do that. Geez! what an asshole thing to do, Reinhold! It's not because you use a middle man that you are not actually selling a broken Xbox to an excited kid.

Gamestop will have a waranty and shit, you're not completely fucking the kid over. Just a bit.

it's only an asshole thing to do if you hide the condition of the system. also, kids are not the only people who buy these things.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pas

Quote from: Reinhold on March 30, 2011, 12:16:33 PM
Quote from: Pas on March 29, 2011, 08:05:55 PM

it's only an asshole thing to do if you hide the condition of the system. also, kids are not the only people who buy these things.

Pleeeeeaassee... Tell the pawn shop guys your Xbox is semi-dead and he'll just give you less for it and sell it for the same price he would have otherwise. Don't be naive about that.

Also screwing over adults is hardly better than screwing over kids. Besides, even grown men get excited like kids around these things.

Pozer

exxxcited about L.A. Noire! will be bought after this masterpiece Red Dead Redemption is completed which at my slow pace and limited time to play it and lack of being an expert gamer like you fools probably wont be till some time in two zero one two.

also, Shift 2 Unleashed looks like an awesome racecar game. i'm kind of a gamer now, guys.

Stefen

So what's the deal with L.A. Noire? Is it going to be a sandbox game like Red Dead Redemption or is it going to be more linear like Heavy Rain?

I still haven't finished the single player in Red Dead Redemption. Every time I try I end up just riding around on my horse, lassoing nuns, hog tying them, then placing them on train tracks.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on April 02, 2011, 03:24:14 PM
So what's the deal with L.A. Noire? Is it going to be a sandbox game like Red Dead Redemption or is it going to be more linear like Heavy Rain?

Linear missions in an open world.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

in red dead, put a horse on the train tracks...it is fucking awesome.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pozer on April 02, 2011, 01:48:08 PM
exxxcited about L.A. Noire! will be bought after this masterpiece Red Dead Redemption is completed which at my slow pace and limited time to play it and lack of being an expert gamer like you fools probably wont be till some time in two zero one two.

Same boat here.  Been loving Red Dead. 

I have a stack of games to play after I finish this (Arkham, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and Bioshock), but by the time I'm done with it, LA Noir will be out and I'll probably just jump to that.