Since this is news to me, its news to you: I got a literary agent

Started by SiliasRuby, July 25, 2009, 05:39:50 PM

SiliasRuby

I recently for the past 9 months have been talking to a literary agent that I helped big time on a play project. She read one of my screenplays, she got back to me last night and said she wants to represent me and send it to some people. I have written 7 screenplays, two of which I'm proud of and working on my 8th. This is my big break and I'm very happy. Wanted to tell you guys. Despite what I write on here which is just how I talk in real life-I would like to think I'm a pretty good writer. Aside from my 8th, I'm reconstructing my first novel, writing a short film for which a friend of mine wants to shoot ASAP and putting together some stand up bits.

I couldn't be happier and I know most of you don't care but some of you do. So this is for you guys that give a shit, 'Yipppeee'
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

matt35mm

Kal

Sleepless

Awesome! That'd great news, I really hope things get going for you.  :bravo: :yabbse-thumbup:
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Gold Trumpet

Yea, awesome news and congratulations on taking a step many who have aspirations never do themselves. May the road to success be a continuation of living your dream.

SiliasRuby

Thanks, she really liked the script and I'll keep you guys posted. The story is an ol' fashioned film noir with gangsters, drunken reprobates and (of course) a femme fatale.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

The Perineum Falcon

Yeah, congratulations, man! That's great, great news!

I'm very happy for you!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reinhold

truly great news Silias. best of luck.

i need an agent so bad but don't have enough of a reel together to even approach people yet.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.