Pearl Jam

Started by rustinglass, July 21, 2003, 03:02:55 PM

Bethie

THE SHOW:

Set List: Why Go, Last Exit, Corduroy, Severed Hand, The Fixer, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, You Are, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Pilate, Unthought Known, Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 (Waters), Johnny Guitar, Rats, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Glorified G, Out Of My Mind, Black, Insignificance, Life Wasted

1st encore: Just Breathe w/string quartet, The End w/string quartet, Low Light, Speed Of Sound, Jeremy w/string quartet, Inside Job, Bugs w/string quartet, Spin The Black Circle, Porch

2nd encore: Whip It (Devo), Got Some, Crown Of Thorns (Mother Love Bone), Satan's Bed, Sweet Lew, Do the Evolution, Better Man/Save It For Later (English Beat), Smile, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

The best show I've been to. Easily. I told my friend, "this is going to be a show to write home about." It was her first time seeing Pearl Jam. I kept doing a minute countdown until 9pm. They're a prompt band, always out by 9 or 9 on the dot. Like at 8:45 this guy comes to the girls next to us and is like, "I got the set list!!!!" and he told us the first song! ohh, I have a nasty look. The girl next to me asked "are you mad you know the first song?" I'm like, "no, but I better not find out anymore."

I mentioned to my friend earlier, "if eddie talks about the band pacing themselves or the audience pacing themselves, thats the tell they're playing a long time" At 10:38, the first break, eddie says, "we may not even be half over yet, so we're just all going to pace ourselves" my friend looks at me, as if I have seen this show before.

I also knew the band would do something for Halloween. DEVO. NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED. seeing the band dressed as devo had to put a smile on all faces.

I knew closing the Spectrum was a special night and I knew they only play Crown of Thorns at special times, but I wasn't holding my breath. Eddie talked about the sound at the spectrum and the sound in other places and hes like, "we're going to take it back now.." and then I heard the first 2 chords of Crown of Thorns. I didn't know who to shout it to, that this is MY ONE SONG. THE SONG. I ran over to this chick near me b/c throughout the night I could tell she was a huge fan. We high fived. My friend was like, "so I really thought that girl was going to ask you for your number." I thought so as well! HA!

During Rockin' in The Free World confetti and balloons fell from the ceiling. What a site. A huge party, only thing missing was ice cream! Of course tons of confetti fell into my purse, along with my boots. I kept it. Its already tacked up on my cork board. Ticket stub is on my fridge. Balloon is floating around my apartment. Tshirt being worn. The one thing I can't stop thinking after seeing such a fun show, "I picked a good band to have as a favorite."
who likes movies anyway

abuck1220

saw them last night in kc. they were awesome, as usual.

Bethie

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! details?

i'm seeing them in Buff in 6 days. already having dreams about it.
who likes movies anyway

abuck1220

nothing too crazy in the setlist. good to hear the stuff from the new album though. mike played a full star spangled banner after yellow ledbetter to end the show...a gold medal winning bobsled guy played bass with the band for the last song. they sang happy birthday to some tour manager guy and a cake fight ensued...eddie played the last six songs or so with blue cake frosting in his beard.

my fan club seats were 15th row, pretty much dead center. i was hoping for a closer row, but can't argue with being right in the middle, i guess.

mogwai

Cat Power guests on Eddie Vedder's ukulele album

Cat Power's Chan Marshall guests on the new solo album from Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, 'Ukulele Songs'.

The singer features on the song 'Tonight You Belong To Me', reports Pitchfork.

'Ukulele Songs' features Vedder performing original and cover songs on the ukulele. It will be released on May 30 on Pearl Jam's own label, Monkeywrench Records.

It features versions of the Mamas & The Papas 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me' and Pearl Jam's own 'Can't Keep'.

Vedder guested on Cat Power's 'You Are Free' album in 2003.

The tracklisting of Vedder's new album is:

'Can't Keep'
'Sleeping By Myself'
'Without You'
'More Than You Know'
'Goodbye'
'Broken Heart'
'Satellite'
'Longing To Belong'
'Hey Fahkah'
'You're True'
'Lights Today'
'Sleepless Nights'
'Once In Awhile'
'Waving Palms'
'Tonight You Belong To Me'
'Dream A Little Dream'

tpfkabi

Vedder's guest spot on REM's latest album is barely recognizable. I kept forgetting he was on it and then finally made myself pay attention and definitely caught his voice in the mix. It's funny how he is listed in the credits. Most people say "blah blah appears courtesty of Blah Blah Records," but Vedder's says something like "Eddie Vedder appears courtesy of himself."
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

abuck1220

scored fan club tickets to EV's solo show in minneapolis on july 2nd!

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Bethie

after reading through this last night, i had a pearl jam dream. they were playing to a lame crowd and i was the only one screaming. eddie gave me the set list.
who likes movies anyway

Stefen

SOUNDS LIKE A NIGHTMARE.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

I cannot say with certitude that this is not part of my body

who likes movies anyway

tpfkabi

How do you feel about Ukulele?

They have been using Small Town in the ads for Rescue Me.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Bethie

Honestly I haven't even listened to the whole thing
who likes movies anyway

mogwai

It's sometimes a hard cookie to listen because it gets a bit monotone. It's basically him and a ukele and you shouldn't underrate that kind of instrument. But I think you should listen to it during a road trip to a cabin in the woods, or during a campfire setting. I've learned that he's that kind of dude that gather friends to share songs around a campfire. Erm, so that's my 20 cents about that.