ZWAN/Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins

Started by Teddy, May 15, 2003, 07:59:46 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bigperm

Safe As Milk

mogwai

he's been writing his "confessions" online for about a month or so. he seems to miss his old band. but i doubt a reunion will be happen.

Myxo

Quote from: mogwaihe's been writing his "confessions" online for about a month or so. he seems to miss his old band. but i doubt a reunion will be happen.

What, like the rest of his band has anything better going on? Hehe..

modage

saw solo Corgan tonite in NYC.  it was cool, but you know..... no Smashing Pumpkins.  hell, it wasn't even Zwan, though i never go to see them live.  it is the weirdest thing to, on the day of your solo release announce you want to reform your old band.  almost like a surrender before a battle.  oh well.  the show was pretty cool.  funny how he always has 1 girl in the band.  the album grew on me since i didnt really care for it at first.  now i really like Mina Loy, The Camera Eye and Walking Shade.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I haven't picked up the new album yet, but I've found myself listening to the entire Pumpkins catalog lately and really hoping that planned reunion goes through (it's funny that he was downplaying the possibility all the way up until last Tuesday - and then he takes out a full-page ad saying that it will happen).

Ghostboy

I bought this album today. It sort of fills the same place for me that the new NIN album did...namely, pleasant nostalgia. This isn't as good as the NIN album, though. Maybe it has subtle depths I'm not penetrating yet, but it ain't no Adore (its most obvious precedent) and the most interesting thing about it is Billy Corgan's embrace of his birthmark in the liner notes, which I remember he used to stridently cover up.

modage

"It's official, The Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. No release date has yet been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer."

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

RegularKarate

It's official, this album will suck ass.

mogwai

it's official, billy corgan is a woman.

MacGuffin

The Smashing Pumpkins have entered a recording studio with producer Roy Thomas Baker, according to a post on the band's Web site. Baker produced Queen's A Night at the Opera, which included their classic "Bohemian Rhapsody," and also has the Cars, Journey and Cheap Trick on his lengthy résumé. The band announced in April that it had reunited, though Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are the only members who have been confirmed for the comeback so far.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks