PDL on DVD

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 02:20:32 PM

MacGuffin

For those who don't know:

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has just announced P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love will debut on DVD on April 1st.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bud_Clay

hah, yeah that means it's gonna come out 6 months from then.....oh i do wish for a commentary though.....

MacGuffin

An update from Greg's site:

As reported here last month, the PDL DVD will be released by Sony/Columbia TriStar on April 1st. However, there's some bad news to go along with that announcement. I received word from PTA that there just hasn't been enough to compile all the extra features that he wants to include. Even though the DVD is still three months out, things have to be finalized long before the release date. He said to expect a basic version initially, but we should see, as he called it, "a souped-up version" sometime down the road. No word if "Blossoms & Blood" will be on the DVD due April 1st. Now, before I start getting hammered with emails, I don't have any idea when the second release will be, but it's safe to say 6 - 12 months after the first. More details on the features for the first version as soon as I get them.

About "Blossoms And Blood":

A cool DVD for PDL has been sent to critics & Academy voters. In addition to the standard "For Your Consideration" DVD of the movie, some have received a special bonus DVD titled "Blossoms & Blood". It contains a 12 minute arrangement of outtakes and Jeremy Blake artwork from PDL (as well as the "Here We Go" video). On the inside of the case, there is a small message : Best Listened To Loud.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

This sucks. I am going to end up buying it twice, that is if a second one ever gets released. Any idea how to get my hands on the critics DVD?
:D

sphinx

- there will be a commentary.
- academy screeners are nearly impossible to obtain

RegularKarate

Then again, Sphinx is the one who garaunteed an initial 2 disc release.

(just messin' Sphinxy)

sphinx

Quote from: RegularKarateThen again, Sphinx is the one who garaunteed an initial 2 disc release.

(just messin' Sphinxy)

then again, pta himself is the one who guaranteed an inital 2 disc release.  i'm just preachin' the man's word

tpfkabi

why would he release two versions? i guess i'll just rent the weenie version.........if you got to wait, just wait til you get everything clear....they know only fans will get this dvd....so why would they do it?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bigideaswhy would he release two versions? i guess i'll just rent the weenie version.........if you got to wait, just wait til you get everything clear....they know only fans will get this dvd....so why would they do it?

I have a feeling we might get screwed and not get a double discer, at least for awhile. I dont think they are counting on as many people to buy it as people to rent it. So I guess the studio wants to just cut costs, get the thing out for normal folk who just want to see the movie. Which is sad because it deserves deluxe.

Duck Sauce

Please dont tell me this is the cover? I am getting kind of tired of it...  :wink:

Dirk

I'd rather just see an Andrew Blake colour swipe on the cover with 'PDL' on the cover than the silhouettes.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

©brad

That is the best cover of a PTA film to date.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: cbrad4dThat is the best cover of a PTA film to date.

I do like that cover, too, but my heart lies forever with this one...
http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/images/boogienights/dvdmenus/2ndboogiefront.jpg

MacGuffin

From DVDFile:

Bad news for P.T. Anderson fans. Originally scheduled for an April 1st release from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, the auteur's latest quirky comedy "Punch-Drunk Love" has been pulled off the schedule until further notice.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

edit: double post. sorry