Blind spots

Started by Jeremy Blackman, July 23, 2011, 03:24:58 PM

Stefen

It didn't even take one page for us to start trying to change each others opinions.

Once you're past 25 you start realizing that only a handful of indie bands are worth a shit.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

Jeremy, i wish i still had the cd so i could go second by second with each song to explain why i think they fail. but instead of that, i'll just tell you that there are moments in their songs that are very promising, and then they throw out all notions of melody to the garbage.
if you can recommend me a song that you think i'll like, i'll do that.
it has happened before. i used to hate frank zappa until a friend forced me to listen to watermelon eastern hay with headphones and i became a partial admirer.

Jeremy Blackman

Kings of Leon cancel tour after Caleb's onstage meltdown
"Ashamed and embarrassed" Kings call off shows and take two months off, saying they need break to address internal issues

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/kol-cancel-tour-after-calebs-onstage-meltdown/2761/

Kings of Leon have cancelled the rest of their US tour following Caleb Followill's onstage meltdown at the weekend.

The frontman appeared tired and emotional during the band's show in Dallas, Texas, as he told the crowd: "I'm going to go backstage and vomit, drink a beer and then come back out and play three more songs."

But he didn't return, leaving bassist Jared Followill to apologise to the audience. Responding to the official statement that Caleb had simply been dehydrated Jared tweeted: "I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

Neil

Maybe this song will hit you in the right way today.  Craig Finn is a great writer. This is a great song.  Like i said in my last post, I used to wonder, "What could anyone possibly see in this band?"  So, it was a "blind spot" for me once.

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.