PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

Royal Tenenbaum

Wow, I seem to be disappointed by everything PTA on the first viewing since PDL came out. I found the short to interesting, but Sandler's persona is so unfunny that it would be masochistic to watch it more than once.

Xixax

Quote from: ShellRothHelp!  No matter what format I click on  I can't seem to download Couch!  I tried them all - the Windows Media said "player is selecting a runtime that is not valid for this media file type"  I tried the link on the last page - but a window opened, the bottom said it was downloading, but nothing happened.  I have a cable modem... Any ideas?  I tried on aol and on internet explorer.  thanks - Shelley :(

Shelley, download the VCD version. It plays just about everywhere:

http://ptanderson.com/couch_vcd.mpeg
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

middleman

If PTA wanted to use Adam Sandler for ALL of his films (an unlikely scenario), I'd be okay with it as long as he continued to make films that were exciting and different.  I don't think of PDL as his ONE opportunity to make an "adam sandler film" any more than Boogie Nights was his ONE opportunity to make a Markie Mark film.  

I think AS was great in PDL, and I can see him being used effectively as part of the PTA ensemble, right along with John C. Reilly, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Julianne Moore.  All of those actors have their own styles, and all of them have something unique to contribute to PTA's films.  

I think the sooner people stop thinking of PDL as something PTA had to "get out of his system," the better.

Kev Hoffman

It was cute.  Nothing special though.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Royal TenenbaumWow, I seem to be disappointed by everything PTA on the first viewing since PDL came out. I found the short to interesting, but Sandler's persona is so unfunny that it would be masochistic to watch it more than once.

Well said, old chap.  I just saw it and God I didn't laugh once.  It sucked!!!!!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

hey Xixax...I just clicked yer link...is that really you?...if so...you are goofy looking man....lol...!!!   (of course, just teasin')

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: XixaxSuck THIS!

No offense man.  But the couch bit just didn't do anything for me, that's all. :)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

irwin

Has anyone else noticed that The Couch is a solid rip off of a sequence from Jacques Tati's Playtime?Despite the talents of Sandler and PTA I think the Playtime sequence is much more funny.

pumba

Don't forget Night Of Too Many Stars is on NBC tonight at 8...Couch will be airing...should be fun.

oakmanc234

Just thought some of ya'll would like to know: 'Couch' is available on Quicktime over at Sandlers site.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

BrainSushi

Quote from: Brock Landersthat was great!!!

I loved the bit where he grabbed onto the helicopter at the end.

What the fuck? I didn't see him grab a helicopter at the end.

When I download it, it just ends with him screaming, he seems to put his legs down, and it cuts to black with a fart sound. Is part of the movie missing when I download it?? I don't want to be missing a frame of this funny stuff.

children with angels

Quote from: BrainSushi
Quote from: Brock Landersthat was great!!!

I loved the bit where he grabbed onto the helicopter at the end.

What the fuck? I didn't see him grab a helicopter at the end.

When I download it, it just ends with him screaming, he seems to put his legs down, and it cuts to black with a fart sound. Is part of the movie missing when I download it?? I don't want to be missing a frame of this funny stuff.

Reference to Rusmore, dude, reference to Rushmore.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Jon

Okay, I got it, I have this feeling that PTA's friends wanted him to make a short little film with good ole Addy Sandler, and so they just did a little thing, and so, me watching this as a thing they did for a friend, I like it more now.

Which has already been stated.

(By the way: it looks glorious in Quicktime (I'd only seen the WMP crappy version).)

Jon

I also think it's cool that it was shot without sound and added in later. (I think.)