A Music Video

Started by Ghostboy, November 26, 2006, 09:18:00 PM

Ghostboy

A few months ago, I was asked to do a music video for my friend's band, The Theater Fire, for a benefit show that would be performed with accompanying videos. I was assigned a song that I didn't really like that much, but that made for a decent challenge. My girlfriend and I ended up making it together, including playing all the characters ourselves. I'm halfway happy with the finished product, if only as an excuse to try out some special effects that I'd never tried before. That's the last time I try to do complex composite shots with mini-DV, though.

matt35mm

The effects are neat and the girl is pretty (oh you've got your charms, too... wink wink), and so what else do you need?  I enjoyed it.

Pubrick

that was really impressive. i don't know what your budget was or how big your crew, but i imagine that must've taken ages. it doesn't look amateur at all, well charmingly so if it does. i don't get the story if there is one, the imagery was suited well enough to the music that it didn't matter. well done, ppl always do better when there's no dialogue.  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Thanks folks.

P, the budget was zero and the crew (and cast) was limited entirely to me and Michelle. I always try to kill myself by pulling off really challenging projects with the most minimal means possible. I also had the flu while we made this, which didn't help matters any. I think we only halfway knew what we were doing when we were shooting it, but when I started to cut it together and it seemed to be working, it was a huge relief.

Ravi

Note to self: get flu before doing next movie.

Terrific video.  I like the period look as well as the modern look of the ending.  No two films of yours I've seen look the same.